Weekend trouble

Options
I am awesome all week. I workout SEVERAL times a week and I am normally under my calories AND I should mention am losing weight but I am making it so much harder on myself because my food is BAD on the weekends. Does anyone have any tricks for not going crazy on the weekend?

Replies

• EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tricks, but I can totally relate! I'm good during the week, but I am HORRIBLE on weekends. This weekend I'm going to have my friend remind me that I need to log everything. Hopefully if I start holding myself more accountable, I'll do better.
  • mandimommy
    Options
    Pick one weekend day to "cheat" and stick to your good routines the other day.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I do well on weekdays, but have trouble on the weekends. I can usually do well for breakfasat and lunch, but come the afternoon I'm done!
  • alhoward8
    Options
    Do you just eat "bad" food or do you go way over your calories?

IMHO if you just eat "bad" food but are at your calorie limits that isn't bad at all. Even if you are a few hundred calories over that isn't so bad.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I allow myself splurge days on the weekends and then right back on track on monday. Although usually friday I am sure to have a good long gym workout and have a few hundered extra calories left so I don't feel so bad going over a few hundred the next day.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Even when you go crazy, the best thing to do is log your food. I don't always practice what I preach, but it really does help!!
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    On Saturdays, it's virtually impossible for me to stay under my calories because there's usually beer involved. I drink my calories in beer. I always aim for my maintenance number. If I stay under that, I still didn't do any damage to the rest of the week.
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do the same as sammy. I try and get in a double workout on Friday and Saturday morning to make up for the indulgences of the weekend. I figure as long as I don't gain on the weekend, I am happy.
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It is bad foods and I am going over on my calories. I do a super long 5 or 6 mile run on Saturday and I burn an extra 800- 1000 calories and I am STILL going over. Then I feel super guilty and sad and have to work three times as hard to get the water weight off. For example I weighed in at 149.8 Friday and weighed in at 153149 today.
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    153* not 1531489 lol
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.. I figure that if I'm good all week, I can be bad on the weekends, and still be ok.. and so far that predicament has held up as true!
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I be really good all week, and then let myself "go" a little bit on Friday nights/Saturday. Sunday I'm usually back to healthy eating.

I usually go a little over cals on Friday/Saturday, but normally it's just abd food choices. But I don't mind, I haven't gained, so it must be working for me. And it makes being so healthy in the week more rewarding.

I also try to fit in a workout on Saturdays, because I know I'll be eating more.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of ppl would disagree with but i think your going too hard on yourself during the week and over compensating on the weekend. Its better to be ON your calorie limit every day, then under some days and way over other days, well at least thats what i think. If you let urself have a tiny bit of something naughty every day ( like chocolate) not enough to go over your calorie but enough to satisfy ur taste cravings, you might find on weekends you wont go so nuts with the bad food, because u'll be having a little bit every day. myself i have really good breaky and lunch weekdays, but when ever im at home i have the urge to snack, especially at night beacuse im a esert person. i find that because i let myself have desert on weekdays wen weekends come i can keep my day pretty on track because ive had some nice things during the week, and if i keep it on track during the day i get to have the desert i love at night (nothing big though, 25g or less of choc, or a sweet low cal yoghurt etc)
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    I am awesome all week. I workout SEVERAL times a week and I am normally under my calories AND I should mention am losing weight but I am making it so much harder on myself because my food is BAD on the weekends. Does anyone have any tricks for not going crazy on the weekend?

I don't think you need 'tricks' to overcome this dilemma.
    You just need to have self control to avoid over eating at any times of the week.
    Some people have this 'cheat day' where they can eat anything at any amount.
    I do have 3 cheat MEALS each week and I usually get them every Sundays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
    Notice that it is not 'cheat day' but just one meal on that day.
    You have to be careful with the portion you're eating as too much so something is definitely bad.

Hope this helps!

Bloodguilt, :-)
    "I stick to a healthy diet, not for pleasure but for its nutritional value. I eat because I want to see results, not because I enjoy the food. When I’m not hungry I eat. When I’m tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder." - Michelle Levesque
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I talked to one of my friends, who is a nutritionist for the student rec center at WVU, and she gave me a great suggestion. If I want to indulge some on the weekends, I should pick an item that I want to indulge with. Say I am really craving an awesome burger. I can have the burger, but instead of fries get a salad. Or if I want to cheat on a full meal, I have to make sure I hop back on right at the next meal.

Also she said to make sure I get healthy snacks in. (I tend to eat maybe two or three times a day during the weekends instead of my usual six or seven.) But if I get the snacks in, then I shouldn't overindulge as much. Theoretically.

Just thought I'd let you know some things I found out.
  • sgibney78
    Options
    I think like most people said you have to not view it as a cheat day. I’d pick one meal on Saturday and one on Sunday to “splurge” on. I’d still attempt to be within your calories are. If you’re getting an extreme increase like 1000 calories due to working out and you’re eating all those then you should be good. I’d also recommend weighting on Friday morning, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Nothing slaps you in the face like seeing the pizza you ate Friday night sticking to your *kitten* on Saturday morning making you weight heavy.