how much did you lose

Options
Just wondering what total weight loss did you all see in your first month, and with this loss were you all being very strict:smile::smile:

Replies

• sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    Just wondering what total weight loss did you all see in your first month, and with this loss were you all being very strict:smile::smile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    9 pounds in the last 30 days.

Pretty strict - I do a good job with portion control, I don't cheat, I log every morsel. I very rarely go over on calories. The weather is finally breaking, and I'm getting out more, which helps.
  • bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    3.4 pounds in 7 days. I'm on the slim fast diet. It's teaching me a healthier lifestyle. I tend to count every calorie that goes in my mouth, plus I'm keeping a journal of what I eat. I'm hoping to lose 45 more pounds by summer.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Just wondering what total weight loss did you all see in your first month, and with this loss were you all being very strictsmile smile

I lost 10 lbs in the first 30 days. I was very loyal to logging my foods and forcing myself to exercise regularly.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds those first 5 weeks. Now I'm at 16 pounds lost and Thursday will be the last day of Week 12.

I have worked out in the gym for 50-120 minutes every day except 3 - and on those 3 days I did some strength training and yoga at home, just no cardio. I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. I would say I worked pretty hard at it for my level of fitness.
  • MrsDreamer1974
    MrsDreamer1974 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :smile: In my first month I lost 20 lbs. I am mostly strick, I only drink nothing but water..no pop at all. I do give myself one day a week to eat something fun. But I exercise every day.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I've only been at it for a week. I've lost 10 pounds and yes, I've been very strict with calories and daily exercise. I try to work out 60 minutes a day - but make sure that I get AT LEAST 40 minutes in - even if it's 20 minutes at a time.

Keep in mind that the numbers you're going to see from everyone will vary based on how much they have to lose. Someone with 30 pounds to lose will lose weight much slower than someone with 100+ to lose.
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    about 20 pounds during my first month, very strict on the food part, no overeating ever but took it easy on the excercise part, raising the pressure gradually
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    Only 7 lbs. Within 3 months...

At first i watched everything that i ate...
    Worked out every weekday (no weekends)
    And a half decent dinner with my hubby... That way during month 1 and part of 2

Now on month 3
    I have watched things go in my mouth but didnt caculate till later and found out i have about 1, 200 to 1,700 cal a day. Once and a while i'll do more.

So today i have brought my George Foreman to work, some raw chicken breast already 4oz and some leftover brown rice, some green grapes, some oatmeal and 2 packets of 25 calorie hot coco....

I think today i will watch everyting again!!
    And i still do the gym every weekday!
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    wow that's inspiring you all have a brillant weight loss and are so motivated which makes us newcomers even more determined to achieve results:flowerforyou: :smile: :happy:
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello all,

I have two days until my month is officially over but I have lost 11 pounds so far. I count this as my first month because this is the last time that I will start over. I log everything, I keep a food journal, I exercise daily and do fun activites like dancing,tennis, and kick ball.

I set goals for myself and reward myself with cheezy things like stickers...lol It works for me. \

good luck with your goals everyone.
  • Jacker7
    Jacker7 Posts: 3
    Options
    I lost nearly 19lbs, my first month just passed and got on the scale today...was surprised. I was expecting to drop 2lbs a week according to myfitnesspal goal section.

I stay active 3 days a week, then sit at my desk doing work the other 4.
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    8 pounds the first 30 days. I was in the gym an hour a day 6 days a week and eating about 1850 calories a day. I guess that is strict. :happy:
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    So far, 8 pounds :wink:

Started around March 1.
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    11 lbs 1st month (Feb) . 8 more this month.
    by eating healthier food and walk 4 to 6 miles a day 7 days a week. no more junk for me!
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    In my first month I was on MFP and wasn't keeping track of calories in or out. Was just trying to exercise more. I only lost two pounds that month. Then the following month I joined MFP and started logging calories in and out I lost 6 pounds (my goal was only a pound a week). So I am very pleased. Overall I've lost 12 pounds.