Walden Farm Ranch Dressing

Espressocycle
Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
edited October 3 in Recipes
I have had some of Walden Farms jellies and syrups and they are beyond nasty. However, their Chipotle Ranch dressing is my new favorite thing. I like it MORE than real ranch dressing because it is tangier and more vinegary. It claims to be zero calories, but I figure it must have a few. But in any case, putting it on some lettuce makes for a great snack.

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    That sounds good!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    That's good to know. i've had pretty bad experiences with Walden Farms stuff...but you may have convinced me to dip my toe in the water again, so to speak. Lol
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Beyond nasty does not even begin to describe that stuff......gag!!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    i've had pretty bad experiences with Walden Farms stuff...

Their dressings and dips are well-reviewed on Amazon, wheras their sweet things are not. The strawberry "syrup" is one of the worst things I have ever tasted. I shudder to think what their calor-e-free peanut butter must taste like.
  • their ranch is the first and only thing ive tried from walden farms and i like it!
  • i have a jar of the mayonaise in my fridge... still unopened... curiousity got the better of me when i bought it... and, a week later, bought a small jar of fat free miraclewhip... still scared to open the walden jar. :embarassed:
  • ladyrayado
    ladyrayado Posts: 57 Member
    I've tried several of their following products and did not like any of them. The sweet products all have a very strong, bitter Splenda aftertaste. The peanut spread is especially bad (and I was so excited about it!). I love the idea of their products though, so I'm glad to hear some of their new stuff is good. I'll have to give it a try!
  • memawwheeler
    memawwheeler Posts: 16 Member
    I tried just about all of it and most is pretty bad but the Asian Ginger dressing is good for making stirfry with brocoli slaw and chicken if you are careful to not use too much. I can eat the bacon ranch that comes in the individual packets ok but don't waste your money on the marshmallow or dipping chocolate or dipping carmel. I also was totally disgusted by the peanut butter and the fruit spread.
This discussion has been closed.