Running sneakers

Options
so I have been running in Brooks for the past year. A few times (including a half marathon, a 5k and treadmill running) my foot (or feet) have become tingly and felt numb. I think it might be time for a change. Ayone ever experience this? If so do you have any sneaker recommendations? I have another 5k Sunday and I also have the d
Disney half in January...
Thanks!

Replies

• fbuschur
    Options
    I love Asics 2060. I've been running in that series for about 12 years, including marathon training. Great shoes.
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks adrenaline...I had a similar problem with New Balance, though. Have you considered getting custom fit? There's quite a few stores who will analyze your running style and suggest appropriate shoes...
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Vibraams?
    http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/about_vibram_fivefingers/health_wellness.htm

1 Strengthens Muscles in the Feet and Lower Legs
    2 Improves Range of Motion in Ankles, Feet and Toes
    3 Stimulates Neural Function Important to Balance and Agility
    4 Eliminate Heel Lift to Align the Spine and Improve Posture
    5 Allow the Foot and Body to Move Naturally
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Get yourself fitted!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Get yourself fitted!

+1
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Why guys, I was fitted last year, and brooms was a great fit... That's why I am having a hard time understanding this sensation. Tha sk though.
  • jjbraid
    jjbraid Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If they area year old it is possible the miles on them are wearing off and you need a new pair. I just started wearing my Brooks and I love them. I was getting tingeling in my hands until someone told me how to properly hold my hands. Maybe you are clentching your toes (without you knowing it) and in turn making your feet tingle. Just a thought.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    asics Gel Kayano!