Please Help

Options
Im just starting out and need some meal ideas for lunch and dinner. I seriously cannot eat chicken every day or I will be forced to the nearest bridge :) I work all day and have school at night 3 days a week so anything fairly quick would work for dinner. I have breakfast and snacks pretty much figured out. All ideas welcomed..please & thank you :wink:

Replies

• JanaH22
    JanaH22 Posts: 10
    Options
    Grilled fish with salad is always nice!
  • VangieBender
    Options
    Portion control...portion control...and DO NOT EAT OUT!
  • wannabefit_amanda
    Options
    Grilled fish with salad is always nice!

Agreed! A nice yummy salad always satisfies me.
  • mrsdaytons
    mrsdaytons Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fish, lean pork and lean beefs are also good options. Lean ground turkey or beef can been used to make burgers, meatballs or meatloaf. U can have them with brown rice, sweet potatoes, salads, whole grain pastas, etc and of course veggies. It is all about how u prepare and cook them. No frying and watch the sodium. :)
  • TIARAR247
    TIARAR247 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Throw some turkey burgers on the foreman. If you don't have one, put some in the oven, brown rice and cabbage (or any green). You can put a small amount of gravy on the turkey so it won't be so dry. Try that for dinner one day and lunch the next.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Turkey, Ham or Roast Beef from the deli. I skip the bread and just roll up the meat, weigh it and stick it in a plastic bag. Cut up fresh veggies in a baggie are great if you're on the go. Apples and grapes are easy to just throw in a bag. Soup, if you have access to a microwave. Cheese and crackers in a pinch. Just some ideas. These work well for me.
  • kdavc
    kdavc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites for a quick dinner is eggs and egg whites, whole grain toast or even corn torillas--with hot sauce of course :happy: . You can add in turkey bacon or turkey sausage and can cook the eggs scrambled or over easy.
  • briehill
    Options
    There's a show on food network that I like that has some great ideas for healthy meals (and snacks) I like it because most of them seem pretty easy and they all give you the nutritional info for the servings.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/hungry-girl/recipes/index.html
  • toniann97
    toniann97 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow great ideas! Thank you all SOOO much, going to take these ideas to the grocery store :smile:
  • MJHdG
    MJHdG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    that a meal can be just a bunch of healthy snaks from the fridge, cheese, fruit, veggies healthy deeps mixed nuts and some whole wheat crackers.

On your marks get set go type meals.

2 to 3 nights: Slow cooker protein and veggies ( pulled pork, beef barley stew, 1 beef roast + 1 tub of your fav. salsa) makes two to three meals that you can pour over buckwheat / soba noodles (cooks in 5 minutes, found in asian stores, super healthy for you), or cous cous (cooks in 5 found in a box with the ehinic stuff or next to the rice) or over brown rice ( minut rice from uncle sam works well too and is super quick).

Pho- (vietnameese soup) takes 10 minutes
    boil 2 cups of chicken broth (or sub water and low sodium chicken buillon)
    As the water boils add - 1 cup of frozen shrimp, (cooked, tails off,) 1 cup frozen veggies asian mix, hand full of soba noodles or ramen without the seasoning pack
    flavor to taste with ginger paste, fish sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil. (all pantry stable and you can use over and over)

and for those nights that you really have no time or energy and are stearing down a long dark hall filled with take out menus just keep a tub of protein powder handy. Through it in the blender with some cocoa podwer or frozen fruit and call it a night.

Also don't forget that a meal can be just a bunch of healthy snaks from the fridge: Low fat cheese, fruit, veggies, healthy deeps mixed nuts and some whole wheat crackers. The kind of stuff you noosh on while you think what you feel like cooking.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Lol, I can't eat any meat because I'm a vegetarian... I do still add carbs to my diet, but like everybody said, portion control. I don't eat more than that. But if I were you, I would not opt for Chicken, I would go for fish. :)
  • chicklet846
    Options
    Do you like veggie burgers? On nights I'm exhausted, I pop one in the microwave and eat it on a whole wheat bun with ketchup. I'm not a vegetarian, but I love those burgers!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Do you like veggie burgers? On nights I'm exhausted, I pop one in the microwave and eat it on a whole wheat bun with ketchup. I'm not a vegetarian, but I love those burgers!

talking about Veggie burgers, I think i have a recipe to make a healthy veggie patty for that. And.. i gotta start working on that :D
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Tuna in a wrap or on a salad. Ground turkey nachos with multigrain scoops. Broiled salmon or tilapia. Ground turkey burgers. Whole wheat pasta with either ground turkey, or the dreaded chicken breast, a little of your favorite marinara sauce & some parmesan cheese. :)
  • toniann97
    toniann97 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tuna in a wrap or on a salad. Ground turkey nachos with multigrain scoops. Broiled salmon or tilapia. Ground turkey burgers. Whole wheat pasta with either ground turkey, or the dreaded chicken breast, a little of your favorite marinara sauce & some parmesan cheese. :)
    Yummy, this all sounds good! Thank you :)
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    A really yummy dessert is sugar free jello with fresh fruit and a lil bit of greek yogurt topped with a few walnuts. soooo good.