Here I go again!

Options
So I am not new to MFP but I am back again. I was here last spring and dropped about 32 lbs. In July something presonal parrened and threw me into a whirlwind, tailspin depression. I gained all the weight back plus about 5lbs. I tried about 5-6 times, in the past year to get back on track. I'd lose 8-13 lbs but lose my way and put it back on.
Well, NO MORE!! I am finally getting out of my depression and becoming happy again. I want my old body, stamina, strength and life back!! I am committing myself to losing 25 lbs by Christmas and then working on the rest after that (I need to lose about 75 lbs in total).
Fit, Fabulous, Healthy and Sexy HERE I COME!

Replies

• MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    you can do it!!
  • palmer59
    Options
    Good for you! I too see-sawed and am back on track...I love MFP!!!
  • khoj
    khoj Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! You are back!!! This time you will watch your weight a little more carefully!!!
  • geogal95
    geogal95 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well good for you. 25 lbs in just over 2 months is not very realistic though. Usually if you lose weight that fast, it just comes back. Try smaller goals like 1-2 lbs per week, 5 lbs per month. Otherwise, I think you will get discouraged. I love your attitude though! Time to take care of yourself :)
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck! I know sticking with it can be hard but it is worth it so don't give up!! I have only been on MFP for a few weeks and it's helping me a lot.
  • AnakiMana
    Options
    Good for you for coming back! I love the attitude. Do you have any friends to work out with and help keep you motivated and accountable? You can totally do this, you just have to be serious.

I don't know about serious depression, but maybe having a plan on what to do in case you feel depressed again instead of eating would be a good idea.

I know you can do this!
  • healthierheather
    healthierheather Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Geogal95, I lost 32 lbs watching food intake and exercising in 9 weeks. Nothing extreme either. Food was kept at about 1300 cal (or 28 points from old Weight Watchers plan) and exercising about 60-90 minutes a day. Exercise was zumba, spin, 5k(walk/runs), and/or cross trainer machines(like ellipicals on steriods. LOL!) If I did fall into a bad depression and be an emotional eater, I would have lost more and kept it off too.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    welcome back :-) you can do it! you've done it before so this time will be easy!