Two New NSV's :)

Options
About 2 weeks ago I made the decision to start drinking more water, this meant no more Gatorade or soda. A week later I joined MFP. Now that I'm getting in to the swing of things I have noticed improvements besides my weight loss. My skin is softer and less sensitive to the touch (I used to always complain about how if felt to be touched, my skin would literally hurt) and I have improved circulation to my legs. Before my legs would swell (which is ridiculous to me I didnt feel that I had THAT much weight to lose) when I was on them too long and to have them massaged would hurt or make me tingle.

Im so happy. I feel better about myself which is twice as important as the scale.

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    NNSSVV!! YAY!
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Keep up the great work! :]
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have made a very good decision to limit gatorade and soda. I don't know what gatorade has in it but soda can have lots of sodium (and sugar if not diet). The sodium content may be what was causing the swelling in your legs. Water is the very best drink for the health of your body. There are a number of other health issues that soda causes or can make worse.
    Good luck on your program it does sound like you are off to a good start. fg
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!