My 1st real NSV

Options
So it isn't much but I wanted to share... Thanks to all you fine people here on MFP I have been interested in trying the C25K program. I am NOT a runner! Even in elementary school I hated running (I'm 31 now), I just don't feel like I'm any good at it. Usually I burn calories by hopping on my elliptical at a high resistance/slow pace. My muscles are in pretty good shape, my heart and lungs, not so much. So last night I downloaded the C25K app for my iPod and this evening after work I completed day 1 (even though I had a WHOLE BUNCH of excuses all lined up)! My lungs are on fire, my legs are rubber, and my heart's about to beat out of my chest... but I finished! As icky as I felt physically when I was done, I felt pretty awesome about the fact that I didn't give up. So thanks for the inspiration!!! :smile:

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up and you'll be a runner in no time!
  • ChristinaLConway
    ChristinaLConway Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great job! Im still in the scared to death, wont even look at it phase of the C25k LOL.. Glad to see I may some day get out of it. I admire runners but have never considered becoming one of them.
  • JennysMan
    Options
    Fabulous job! That's all it takes. One step at a time. One decision at a time. One day at a time! Wake up and do it again tomorrow!
  • fourmenandalady
    Options
    You better go girl!!!! It's always awesome when we make our minds out of liars and exceed all of the limits that we've placed there!!! Go u!! And may there be many, any, many more where that has come from!!!!
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So good to hear! I started the c25K about 5 weeks ago and I completed my first 5k in over 14 years this past Saturday. Don't give up on yourself, even when it sucks and feels hard. I always feel so good when I'm done that I don't want to miss a single run. Pat yourself on the back, sister! You are well on your way to being the runner that you never thought you could be!!
    -Andi
  • HUGE accomplishment!! Congratulations!!
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great job! Getting started is always hard. I just joined a challenge and we are all starting C25K with week and helping each other along. The link is :
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/369577-c25k-training-group-october-16-to-december-4-2011

Let me know if it doesn't work and I can direct you another way. Good luck to you.
  • jjbraid
    jjbraid Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Those are those unmeasurable milestones that matter the most. (Wow tha'ts a lot of alliteration)
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! Running is hard but so rewarding! Keep up the awesome work! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!