Ice cream?

LJGmom
LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
I have 500 calories left. Can I have a bowl of ice cream? Would it ruin my day? I know it's not healthy calories.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Enter it and see.:drinker:
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    I have ice cream everyday!!! Lol I only have half a cup (one serving) and pile it high with bananas, strawberries, and anything else fruit wise I have hanging around.
    Enjoy!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    heck yes! I eat ice cream all of the time :smile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    ICE CREAM!
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 93 Member
    I dont think it would ruin your day as long as you only eat the serving size and no toppings! I had ice cream last week and still lost 2lbs when i weighed in on friday!!! Just make sure you dont eat over your calories
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    do it! just don't go crazy. i too have a serving of ice cream almost every night :) only if calories allow
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    I eat ice cream almost every night! Enjoy!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Well okay then....since you all say it's okay
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    DO IT. Don't completely deprive yourself. Besides, if you have 1 portion thats only about 230 calories.
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Have some ice cream!!! You should have plenty of calories for one serving. I do it often when I have a lot of calories left and I'm losing weight just fine. II did feel guilty at first, but if you are under calories it's fine. It's not a good idea to deny yourself completely of sweets...you could burn out quick doing that! Enjoy!
  • As long as it's under your goal for the day. I believe it's a healthy way to eat your treats, to learn to eat them in serving sizes. If you deny yourself all the time, you'll end up binging. So, enjoy :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Definitely have a little. My philosophy is that you should eat how you plan on eating once you've reached your goal weight. so if you plan on indulging in pizza, ice cream, cake or whatever once in a while later on, do it now too.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    I eat ice cream several times a week! As long as it doesn't put me over my calories, it's okay in my book!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    DO IT DO IT..... I have ice cream occasionally..... its my favorite
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    What's more important is how does it fit into your daily calorie goal.
  • Definitely have a little. My philosophy is that you should eat how you plan on eating once you've reached your goal weight. so if you plan on indulging in pizza, ice cream, cake or whatever once in a while later on, do it now too.

This is a great way to look at it! Don't want to be counting calories forever right? :]
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    No problem, treat yourself. Do you have any Flax Seed? or granola? Put some on top. Toast some oatmeal in the oven for a few minutes. Something to add a little nutritional value to the ice cream. But Im sure you earned it!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I eat ice cream everyday too. Breyers Carb Smart chocolate ice cream.
  • No problem, treat yourself. Do you have any Flax Seed? or granola? Put some on top. Toast some oatmeal in the oven for a few minutes. Something to add a little nutritional value to the ice cream. But Im sure you earned it!!

Ice cream has protein and a good amount of calcium! Has a little bit of something good in there :]