Chicken help please...

Options
2»

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If you have a crockpot you can throw the chicken breasts in there, with a jar of salsa on top. They come out so moist and delicious!

This sounds AH-Mazing!
  • kiasmithlewis
    kiasmithlewis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually don't thaw my chicken breasts (and I have ones very much like you, pre frozen) I put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, you can shaken bake, or even as simple as putting a bit of BBQ sause over the top, or a nice other kind of sause, sometimes i use terriki and that's yummy. They don't take to long to cook and because it's from frozen, they are always juicy!!
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    One easy trick to really moist chicken is to marinade it for about 20 minutes in lime juice before cooking. (I also like to throw in a little tequila for flavor) The lime juice starts to cook the meat, searing in all the juices. Be careful not to leave it in the juice longer than 30 minutes. From there, cook it however you like (grill, bake, BBQ sauce, salsa, etc). Juiciest chicken I've ever had.
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem with dry chicken. I now let it thaw and that has helped a lot and I don't cook it as long. I make sure its done but I don't overcook it.

I eat a lot of chicken. I make low fat chicken chimichangas. Boil chicken and dice it in food processor. Add low sodium canned diced tomatoes and onions (or add fresh). Put this mixture in a whole wheat tortilla and add a sprinkle of cheese. I also add some black beans. I fold it up like a chimichanga and spray it with cooking spray or lightly brush it with extra virgin olive oil and bake it at 350 degrees until it gets golden brown. Throw a salad with it and its a pretty good meal.

I also love oven baked fried chicken. I marinade my chicken in low fat buttermilk for awhile and then I roll it either in a mixture of corn flakes and spices or panko crumbs. I bake this until the inside is done. I usually make mashed cauliflower to go with it and I feel like I am getting fried chicken and mashed potatoes.

Good luck.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The broiler on your oven is usually used for putting some color on things. I use mine, for a few minutes when I have slow roasted a whole chicken to put some color on the skin. Occasionally I will broil some steaks, fish, or burgers - but I like the grill better - by the way there is NO replacement for charcoal.

Baking is like surrounding your food with a really warm blanket of air. Broiling it is like holding your food in the superheated exhaust of a jet engine. My charcoal grill can get up to 900F, the closest you can come to that indoors is usually the broiler.
  • shtaylor
    Options
    I put boneless chicken breast, green peppers,onions and spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker. Then serve it over noodles or rice.
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    If you have a crockpot you can throw the chicken breasts in there, with a jar of salsa on top. They come out so moist and delicious!

Agree! Nothing beats meat cooked in the crockpot if you want to get it really moist and tender, and it's almost impossible to overcook it (providing there is enough liquid in the crockpot!)
  • carlson06
    Options
    I've noticed that chicken breasts tend to be dryer. I buy chicken tenders and I have actually only had them be dry a couple times. I also love the crock pot, something you can just start in the morning and leave all day! And so many options.