yoga before bed

Options
ok i know next to nothing about yoga...is there a kind specifically for doing at night to wind down before bed? id like to incorporate some in, if possible. any suggestions?

Replies

• samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I believe it is called hatha yoga --- basically stretches
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have an AM/PM yoga DVD that I do. Very short, sometimes challenging series of poses. If you have a yoga block, you can totally do all of the poses though...

Its produced by Gaiam and you can probably find it online at ebay or amazon.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If you have netflix there is a candlelight yoga on there real nice for before bed!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    My sis got me a dvd, called...... "Yoga in Bed". There is an A.M. workout and a P.M. workout., and as the title would indicate, you do the poses while you are still in your bed.

I would go with poses that are more restful and focus on meditation, it helps you alleviate stress from the day.
  • christybrooker
    Options
    i did a search for "yoga for bedtime" on Youtube and came up with lots of videos. My best friend is a yoga instructor and she's shown me a few great poses that help me sleep great!
  • honeyb7
    honeyb7 Posts: 45
    Options
    I bought a yoga tape that has 5 different 10 minute yoga routines you can do in any order or just one alone. I have been doing the 10 minute stress relief yoga every day and I love it. I got it at sam's club. It's called 10 minute solution yoga for beginners. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jlx1NnDpwA
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love the Crunch: Candlelight Yoga. It's so relaxing and a great way to wind down from the day.You can rent it on Netflix.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! always so helpful :D cant wait to try your suggestions. dont know why i never thought of youtube,
  • KawecYogi
    Options
    I am a yoga teacher and have been teaching for 4 years. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
  • KawecYogi
    Options
    P.S. I would recommend messaging me instead. :-)

Namaste~