today's weigh in doesn't look good.

Options
Well,
I am 3 pounds heavy as of right now (7 am). We are having a little competition where I work and we weigh in before lunch. I have some free time before the official weigh in, so do you all think I should get a quick run in before I hit the scale. I know I would only be losing water weight, but it would save me the couple bucks we pay if we are heavy. That, and I don't want to have a gain on my chart. What do you all think? I used to wrestle, so I know dropping 3 on a treadmill is no biggie, and should only take a few mins, plus the exercise wouldn't hurt. I guess I just need some motvation.

Replies

• meatball
    meatball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well,
    I am 3 pounds heavy as of right now (7 am). We are having a little competition where I work and we weigh in before lunch. I have some free time before the official weigh in, so do you all think I should get a quick run in before I hit the scale. I know I would only be losing water weight, but it would save me the couple bucks we pay if we are heavy. That, and I don't want to have a gain on my chart. What do you all think? I used to wrestle, so I know dropping 3 on a treadmill is no biggie, and should only take a few mins, plus the exercise wouldn't hurt. I guess I just need some motvation.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Well,

you can drop three pounds in only a few minutes?

I can beat Tiger Woods left handed.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    If you have the time, then DO IT!! :flowerforyou:

Good luck! :smile:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I know it IS possible to drop 3 lbs of water weight this morning so that you can make weigh ins. But - is that really your goal? When you do that - you have to give your body some time to recover too - because you're basically dehydrating yourself. Is it worth it? If it were me - I'd pay the $, take the gain and use it for motivation to work out, watch my calories and to make sure that I'm being the BEST that I can be!!!

Remember - this is a marathon - not a sprint.... Look at your long term goals.
  • meatball
    meatball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 7 and I was 269.5. just reweighed (official) and I am 264. I ran for 20 mins, stepper for 10. Sweatshirt and sweats. Thats it. I just drank a nalgene and a half...man was I thirsty! So yeah, you can lose a few in a couple of minutes, but it is not real weight. Plus I still get the motivation of having to get rid of a few pounds to make it next week.
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    Well,

you can drop three pounds in only a few minutes?

I can beat Tiger Woods left handed.

that might have been the funniest thing i've read in a while :laugh: