i need some tips

Options
i need some tips on food. see my mom still buys the food and they don't eat very healthy and i was wondering what kind of less expensive foods are good and can help me boost my weight loss? and i don't have a lot of time on my hands either.

Replies

• mkieft
    mkieft Posts: 1
    Options
    Baby carrot and apples are great along with peanut butter for protein and string cheese.

Eggs are great for breakfast or hard boiled for a snack and super cheep.

Good luck and wishing you the best.
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1) look for sales
    2) portion control
    3) change the way your mom cooks certain things, instead of frying, bake it
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fruit, low fat popcorn?:flowerforyou:
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Check out my blog. I posted my food plan there. Lots of good ideas. easy to shop for. not expensive. easy to prepare daily meals
  • Natalie410
    Options
    try looking into "hungry girl" cookbook. take a quick glance at it and see if this stuff is already in your cabinets and fridge. Some products she uses are pretty cheap.
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I go to Walmart and get Weight Watchers Smart Ones meals, the ones that are on sale for less than $2 each, and that's what I eat for lunch. I also get the Tyson skinless chicken breasts in a bag and that is around $8.48, also from Walmart, and Uncle Ben's brown rice for around $2. You can get frozen vegetables for around $1 a bag. I also go to the dollar stores (Family Dollar, Dollar General, etc) for snacks but it just depends really on who has the best deals. You have to kinda shop around for some things. Hope this helps! Good luck!!:-)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping the point of this post is to get some ideas about how to shop for yourself. You're 20, babe. Time to buy your own groceries and make your own meals. Check out skinnytaste.com and cookinglight.com for recipes to follow.
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, also when I buy snacks like nuts and mini rice cakes, I measure the serving sizes and put them in the 100 calorie Zip Loc bags, that way I can just grab my snacks and not have to guess. You can also do that with broccoli and baby carrots. I've found this to be very helpful if you're always on the go. The key is to be very organized. Invest in a food scale (also bought that from Walmart for around 9 bucks lol) and that will be a tremendous help to you. Again, good luck!!