Exercise question =D

Options
So before I started going back to school I went to the gym everyday after work. It helped me stay on track with no craving bad foods, and after working out, I would feel like my apptetite was surpressed. If I don't work out I feel like I'm always hungry! Anyways, I haven't been working out since starting school because I seriously have NO free time what so ever. I've decided that after school I will start going back to the gym for the 1 hour they are open before they close. I'm having a hard time though because when I get home all I wanna do is eat. That's why I used to work out around this time. Now I have to wait until way late in the night to exercise. What should I do? Feed myself, but try to burn off most of it after school?

Replies

• christybrooker
    Options
    You could have a protein shake or some Chia seed. They expand in your stomach and make you feel full.
  • missxchelly
    Options
    You could have a protein shake or some Chia seed. They expand in your stomach and make you feel full.

Why didnt I think about that? That's a great idea. Thank you.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    My tip is to either bring your gym stuff to school, or to come home, change and leave. don't eat, don't go on mfp or facebook!! if i sit, i stay home. is there any way you could work out in the morning?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Add in some more veggies :] have a big bowl of steamed broccoli! Keeps me full forever
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry -- eat something! It doesn't matter what time you eat.... if you have the calories left you can use them.

I will say that eat high carbs before bed does not help me sleep -- so I usually have some good greek yogurt or other protein.
    I also bring protein shakes to the gym... they keep me full before, during and after class.
  • missxchelly
    Options
    I can't work out in the morning )= I can't help but sit between work and school because I need to study for my class and I only have 1-2 between then. It's a crappy schedule. I think I will just try the protien shake. I think I will eat dinner early, and then drink a protien shake before the gym =D Thanks for the tips guys!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that even just a small quick walk can be really beneficial :) Major props to you for not throwing in the towel.