peri-menapause sucks

Options
Hi,
I have been on mfp for awhile and would like to find more pals who understand what it is like to be over 45, dealing with Peri-menapause and trying to lose weight and get fit. I have had good start in the fitness area, but my weight loss is stagnating. I am looking for people who can inspire me and hopefully I can inspire right back. Join me in the journey to health.
Thanks,
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Replies

• AMKAG
    AMKAG Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you.... Also dealing with a thyroid issues.. Slow and steady and maintainable eating and exercise is my mantra.. Friend me if you like.. I only can keep up with a couple, but a few have dropped so I'm done to one...
    :smile:
  • sal0118
    sal0118 Posts: 84
    Options
    Yes, I am right with you also. The weight loss has been slow for me. My workout routine is good. It is the food that I need to work on. I would also enjoy the support. So friend me.
  • jessashcher
    Options
    you may friend me if you like, I am going through the perimenapause also, I am slowly losing the weight but the exercise part for me seems to be a little harder, I don't really have the energy to do a whole lot. And I am also wondering if because I haven't had a period in 2 monthes if that is keeping some weight on me.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    hey try acupuncture it works for stablizing hormone levels and u can lose weight its great. also yoga
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hello there...I'm there with you too! I just started a about a month ago....love how much better I feel! Please feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and since age 40 the pounds have been adding up, now they are stubborn and hard to get rid of! MFP has helped keep me accountable and have found some wonderful supportive people! Feel free to friend me, we can do this together!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I'm 47 and post-menopausal.
  • marilyn1998
    Options
    hi I mam also perimenopausal so hope to be on that journey with you.please add me as a friend. I joined today.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Amen! Hot flashes, night sweats, no energy makes it very difficult to lose. MFP does offer great accountibility and awesome support.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am only 34 but i am post-menopausal thanks to endometriosis! I have been goin gthrough my journey for 8 years and thakfully i am almost done! The hot flashes is what gets me down! it takes 1.5 showers to get dressed in the morning and one after work and another pre-bedtime! but hey i am dealing with it! they tiredness started to wear off about 2 years ago although i do still have bouts of it every now and again. I heave learned that socks for my feet help stabalize my body temp and keep the cold sweats from coming!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am another peri gal. Feel free to send a friend request (with a note so I know who you are). I have been on a plateau for 5 months now, not gaining, but not losing either.
  • lulukan
    lulukan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 47, in perimenopause, have hypothyroid issues and get frustrated with my weight a lot. I feel I do what I am suppsed to be doing, but weight is SLOOOOWWW to come off. Feel free to add me.
  • inesblack
    Options
    Welcome to my world1 I agree with you menopause sucks! i am 51 and I have a hard time loosing pounds and hot flushes killing me ! But don't give up! You doing great! 33 pounds! Good job!:flowerforyou:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    yes it does. I have been in PM since I was 35. so sick of the sweating!
  • LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am almost 54 and don't have any symptoms of peri-menopause except that I have gotten FAT! Let's all be friends and work it off together!