Recipe for my sick friends

Options
Avalonis
Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
I keep seeing everyone complain about sore throats and coughs.

I have a solution. Yes, I actually drink this, and yes, it works.

Hot Tottie
Fill a large (12+ oz) coffee mud 3/4 of the way up with boiling water
Add 2 tablespoons Lemon juice (5 calories)
2 tablespoons honey (~125 calories
3 Oz Bourbon Straight Whiskey (~190 calories

Total Calories: 320 of pure throat soothing deliciousness. Since you won't be eating much (probably) you shouldn't have a problem with it ;)

Mix together and Sip slowly. Soothes the cough, helps you relax, and after 2 of them, you won't care that you're sick anymore!

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    You are a good friend! Thank you!
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    lol. And I would never make it home from work after drinking it. But it might be worth a try tonight if I can't get to sleep.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My parents used to give this to me when I was little, and I swear by it! (but not even close to this amount, LOL)
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing everyone complain about sore throats and coughs.

I have a solution. Yes, I actually drink this, and yes, it works.

Hot Tottie
    Fill a large (12+ oz) coffee mud 3/4 of the way up with boiling water
    Add 2 tablespoons Lemon juice (5 calories)
    2 tablespoons honey (~125 calories
    3 Oz Bourbon Straight Whiskey (~190 calories

Total Calories: 320 of pure throat soothing deliciousness. Since you won't be eating much (probably) you shouldn't have a problem with it ;)

Mix together and Sip slowly. Soothes the cough, helps you relax, and after 2 of them, you won't care that you're sick anymore!

Well Thank you Sweetie.. or Should I call you Dr. Sweetie "Just sayin"
    Hope I am feeling alot better in the morning.... :(
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    it would probably go down a lot better if you just came over and made it for me :)
  • SRGutierrez
    Options
    Hell, I have that every morning just to get outta bed!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    nice, thanks! ;)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Sounds very soothing....mmmm!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Mmmm coffee mud. My favorite!
  • ajdj0486
    ajdj0486 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Love having a hot toddy at night before I go to bed when it's cold out... I've been drinking them for years, and they're pretty great even if you aren't feeling sick! I usually juice a fresh lemon and split it between two mugs. Now I'm really looking forward to some cold weather!
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ah an old scottish favorite - It works!
    but its called a Hot Toadie not Hot Tottie

also you want food to warm you on cold night look into, Stovies! There the bomb diggiddy
  • ajdj0486
    ajdj0486 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually use brandy, instead of whiskey. Not sure on the calorie count on that though!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Tried this for the first time a few weeks ago...I don't remember if it worked lol
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...is some form of alcohol required? I'm completely out of the drinking habit, so no stamina when it comes to booze. I'd end up feeling worse!!!

Wonder if it'll work without it....
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...is some form of alcohol required? I'm completely out of the drinking habit, so no stamina when it comes to booze. I'd end up feeling worse!!!

Wonder if it'll work without it....

Yes, absolutely!! Hot lemon and honey is all I drink when I have a cold. I think the booze is simply to sedate you....lol
  • talon1977
    Options
    Oh yeah! Good post :p
  • hstallings13
    Options
    if you have a fever following it up with a hot shower and bundling up in the bed is a fast way to sweat it out....always works for me and actually we usually use peppermint schnapps....clears the head out really fast, just doesn't taste as good...lol
  • inesblack
    Options
    Very funny!:laugh:
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I do lemon and Manuka honey. Manuka honey has shizzmical antibacterial properties, and tastes more awesome than regular honey. Just bought some more exxy NZ honey today - just need to get sick now!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Ah an old scottish favorite - It works!
    but its called a Hot Toadie not Hot Tottie

also you want food to warm you on cold night look into, Stovies! There the bomb diggiddy
    OOOh there's nowt like a plate of stovies on a cold winter's night tae warm the cockles of yer heart! :wink:

Although a true Scot, I cannae stomach the dram unfortunately ( my dad's a single-malt connoisseur) so I tend to use a tot of Lamb's Navy Rum in my toadies :drinker: