Digital bathroom Scales question

Options
Does anyone here use digital scales?

I recently bought a new scales, and now every time I use them I get a different weight, not sure if they have to be reset or something. I have looked in the instuctions, and the battery ccan't be flat. Not sure whats going on, it's very annoying.

Replies

• ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Depends on the quality of the scale and location.
    I have a "Biggest Loser" digital scale on a ceramic floor and it reports within .2lbs on multiple weighs.
    If you have it on carpet, try it on a hard/flat surface.
  • jazzcait
    jazzcait Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    They cost me $40, I do keep them under my bed, and but move them onto my bathroom floor and weigh myself there.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i make sure i put my scales on the same tile in the bathroom every time i weigh... pedantic or what?
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    i make sure i put my scales on the same tile in the bathroom every time i weigh... pedantic or what?

I do the same thing!!
  • CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just use my roommates really cheap IKEA old school, analogue scales. It's not ideal because my vision isn't crash hot enough to make out more than a half kilo difference :)

My sister has a fancy digital scale with a giant display that goes to a 10th of a kilo (eg 55.6kg). I try and weigh myself whenever I visit but it's usually in the afternoon after I've eaten a few meals so I don't track those measurements so as not to wreck my consistency.
  • jazzcait
    Options

I do that too lol
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing-- my scale is very sensitive to where it is on the floor.
  • HayleHoot
    Options
    I have the same problem! For example, one time this scale said I was 110 then when I went to the gym I was 125. SO I feel your pain! ITs annoying!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you move the scale be sure to zero it out before stepping on. My Taylor scale will sometimes add as much as 5 pounds if I don't zero it before stepping on.
  • jazzcait
    Options
    If you move the scale be sure to zero it out before stepping on. My Taylor scale will sometimes add as much as 5 pounds if I don't zero it before stepping on.

It resets itself