A Question About FEET! :)

Options
I have size 10 (11 if in boots) WIDE feet. I've heard that if you lose a lot of weight (I plan on losing 80-95lbs), your feet can shrink depending on the width of your feet (or it's the water and fat in your feet or something). I've Googled this many times but I keep getting mixed answers.

So I guess my question is, CAN my feet get smaller in length or width if I lose the weight I want to? Or have YOU lost weight and have had your feet get smaller?

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough, in my experience yes, my feet are smaller now

I used to always be a size 10-11 depending on the make and style. During winter I bought boots in size 9, and on the weekend just gone I tried on several different type of sandals and I'm also a 9 in these now too.

I have NO idea how it works...I've always had huge feet and I've always been at least a 10 in everything - my mother used to say that I should throw the shoes away and wear the boxes!!!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My feet have gotten slimmer.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I went down 1/2 to a full size after 75 pounds...both in width and length.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My feet definitely shrunk last year when I lost 30 lbs. They got narrower and about 1/4 size smaller. This year they have gotten even narrower. So yea, they can get smaller if you lose enough weight.
  • katgriff
    katgriff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this one... I went up a shoe size when I was pregnant (and didn't exactly have small feet to start with!)...
  • lucylou9701
    Options
    ya i went from a 10 lost 55lbs and now wear an 8 1/2 - 9 :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Mine were pushing the limits of an 8 1/2 and now fit comfortably in them. So, I'd say it's possible.

Happens to pregnant ladies, too. XD
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yep - the shoes that my dog didn't eat are too big now, bought a new pair today actually. Kind of a pain, once you reach a certain age you don't expect to have to buy new shoes with your new clothes lol
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would think it is possible..Our fingers gain or lose weight. Why can't our feet too. I need my wedding ring resized. It keeps flopping around on my finger and I have only lost about 15 lbs.

Tracy
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I would think it is possible..Our fingers gain or lose weight. Why can't our feet too. I need my wedding ring resized. It keeps flopping around on my finger and I have only lost about 15 lbs.

Tracy

I recently had my rings resized - they went down FOUR sizes!! The woman at the jeweller looked at me funny, almost like she didn't believe they were mine!!!
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yeah, feet will most definitely lose width, and a little length with weight loss. :)
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i had to buy size 8 for the width of my foot. Now i fit perfectly in a 7!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Well, since my feet got slightly bigger as I gained weight, I wouldn't be surprised if they got a little smaller as I lose it... some of the "spread" might be attributed to age more than the weight, so I'll just have to wait and see.