NSV - First Triathlon

Options
Cowenlaw1
Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
I ran my first triathlon yesterday!

On June 21, after saying for years that I was going to start exercising, I got on the elliptical machine in the morning. The next day I did it again, and the day after that, and the day after that, until I developed an exercise habit again.

I started C25K in early July, and was able to run 3 miles within a couple of months. Soon, I was able to run 5 miles and bike over 12, so I got a crazy idea and decided to sign up for a sprint triathlon. After training for a few months, I'm proud to say that I finished. I was a slow, fat triathlete, taking 1:47:46 to swim 500 meters, bike 12 miles, and run 3.2 miles, but I am a triathlete nonetheless.

I feel great, and can't wait for my next tri!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'd love to do that someday!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    congrats! very cool. no worries about your time, sounds good to me anyways!

you did it and you should be proud!

keep it up!
  • irongirl73
    irongirl73 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of tri! It's great. Congrats on your first race and here's to many more!!! :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! You're AWESOME!! :drinker:

My first triathlon is next June and I'm super excited for it!
  • roballesteros
    Options
    Wow what a great accomplishment! Who cares about the time, many of us would love to say that we have completed a Tri!
  • SPECHLI
    Options
    i have lost 20 lbs. I started using mfp about a month ago and I love it, I have got a friend from work hooked to it also.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    you da man!!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Great job! Next stop Kona!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! That is an amazing accomplishment.

You know, we see enough people achieving stuff like this on MFP that I think we sometimes forget that it isn't something most people will ever even consider doing. Be proud of yourself.
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    You are THE MAN! Congratulations!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Great feeling isn't it? I did my first one in September...after talking about it for years!! Congrats!!
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Good job :)))))
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! you should be proud of yourself no matter your time. you did it. wow! I am still dreaming about doing one some day.:drinker:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Great job! My first sprint tri is in November. I'm very excited and nervous. I think that you completed it in a very good amount of time. I am slower, and fatter than you. I love that book btw. Amazing and keep it up. Are you hooked?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Great job... and that time isn't what I would call slow!
  • ygsandoval
    ygsandoval Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm considering entering my first 5k run and your post helped to inspire me to move forward. Thanks for taking the time to post.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Congrats! They are addicting. You better set up a budget for races :)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself. I'd love to do one, but I have to learn how to swim first!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself. I'd love to do one, but I have to learn how to swim first!

You can do it!! One of my friends that did the sprint tri with me had to learn to swim....and we had a half mile ocean swim!! I just talked to someone after the Army 10 Miler that also had just done her first sprint tri this year....and although she had a pool swim, she still had to learn how to swim to do it!!
  • redheaded_dem
    redheaded_dem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! You know what they call a person who comes in last in a triathlon?

A Triathlete!!!!!!

BTW - Your time is actually pretty damn good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!