Daily ideas

Options
On a normal day what do you guys eat? I need some serious ideas. I hardly ever cook, thats my biggest problem, cause we end up going for fast food at least 4 times a week. I need to start cooking more and cutting eating out, out!

I also need to eat more fruits and veggies, cause right now, i hardly eat any.

I need some ideas!!

Replies

• xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    On a normal day what do you guys eat? I need some serious ideas. I hardly ever cook, thats my biggest problem, cause we end up going for fast food at least 4 times a week. I need to start cooking more and cutting eating out, out!

I also need to eat more fruits and veggies, cause right now, i hardly eat any.

I need some ideas!!
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    :flowerforyou: go buy some shredded lettuce, fruits and veggies, chicken breats, canned chicken and tuna, yogurt, almonds and you would be set for a week. Oh grab some eggs too for b-fast. Try and give up your fast food and you will shed those pounds quick. Of course make sure to get some cardio in there too. Good luck girlie!!!
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Can't help you on breakfast but for lunch and dinner here are some things that I eat..

Broccoli and Tilipa
    Veggie Salad
    Turkey Sandwich and carrots on whole wheat
    Salmon and Spinach
    grilled chicken and broccoli and corn
    brown rice, corn, and tilipia.
    whole wheat pita with turkey and lettuce and tomatoe with a little mustard

i'm very simple and boring but if you make dinner pack the same thing for lunch the next day.
  • ckeeling
    ckeeling Posts: 1
    Options
    I try to have a protein and a fruit or veggie at every meal. I often have cereal and fruit or a scrambled egg and fruit at breakfast. Both are quick, easy and take very little cooking. At lunch I alternate proteins with cottage cheese and hard boiled egs on days when I am in a hurry or don't have some chicken breast grilled on hand. I pair that with sliced strawberried, an apple, baby carrots, blueberries etc. (And a jello fat free pudding for dessert) Again this does not take a lot of cooking. When I do cook in the evening I try to make enough to fill a couple of lunches. I portion foods with a small kitchen scale. I loose 1-2 pounds a week which is a recommended healthy pace. Try to plan out your week before heading to the grocery store, it makes life a little easier. Good luck.
  • shuttletat
    Options
    Staying away from the fast food places really does help. (I do find a veggie or turkey 6" sub from Subways good for when I'm out.) I usually just have Cheerios for breakfast. For lunch, a sandwich with lots of lettuce, or a salad, or soup with lots of vegetables. It's really easy to make your own soup using a crock pot! For supper, I like to make a stir fry (using PAM spray) using things like onions, zuccini, tomatoes, sweet peppers, mushrooms and spinach or broccoli. (frozen veggies work, too.) I add a little cooked chicken, canned beans or tofu and some Drew's salad dressing and eat it on rice or pasta. The most important thing is to pay attention to portion sizes! I always cooked for a lot and just ate what I felt like. Now, I check the package and only cook the amount given for one portion. Measure, don't try to guess. Good luck! You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to have time to cook a big meal at night, so I try to cook the main dish, and I keep plenty of fruits & a veggie tray on hand.
    So I might grill or bake a chicken breast, and throw it on a wheat bun and have carrots & berries on the side.
    or
    Bake a pork chop or grill a bubba burger and have that with bagged salad & a banana.

Hope this helps.

ps I also eat almonds & hard boiled eggs every day for protien.
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    My new fav lunch is a fruit smoothie from the schwans man. 1 Cup of their Vanilla no sugar, 1 Cup of 1% milk and a fruit packet. 310 calories!!! So yummy
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Tortillas

Add tuna, light mayo, lettuce, tomatoe

or

turkey, spinach, avocado, with or without cheese

or

chicken, lettuce, tomatoe

anything you like.....fast and easy

sometimes I just use tuna, red beans, and red pepper for something more spicy

you can even do one with all chopped veges.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    For me, I like wasa crackers with real fruit/pure jam & egg whites for breakfast. For lunch, I like a whole wheat pita with tons of fresh spinach, dried cranberries, portobellow mushrooms and a little dash of light greek/fet dressing for more flavor. Dinner I love a huge spinach salad with strawberries mixed in or some japanese noodles with lots of veggies & some pad thai sauce. Snacks are usually fruit, peanut butter on crakers, or yogurt.

Good luck!