Help

Options
My doctor told me that i am not allow to do anything physical that will put a strange on my heart. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas that i can do without over doing it.

thank you in adavance.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• happy_bunny1990
    Options
    My doctor told me that i am not allow to do anything physical that will put a strange on my heart. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas that i can do without over doing it.

thank you in adavance.:flowerforyou:
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi,

Ask you Dr. for a referral to a physical therapist. Since he didn't give you any support in educating you on what you CAN do, I would think the next best thing is a referral. That way you will learn from a medical professional what would be appropriate in your situation.

I'd strongly encourage you to take that step first because no one of the board knows your medical condition.

I'm an RN and that would be my advice.

Christy
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with christy, a physical therapist is going to have tons of things you can do within your doctors "orders". Please follow those orders though...the doc gave them to you for a reason! :wink:
  • happy_bunny1990
    Options
    My medical condition is that i servely over weight and i asked my dr. about a referrel to see a physical thearpist when i saw him but he told me i didnt need one so i have try to do things that i know wont be hard on my heart but ot doesnt show any results.
  • skermit23
    skermit23 Posts: 31
    Options
    I would suggest that maybe you talk to your doctor again about what activites you can do. I know that things like walking. Household activities such as digging in a garden, raking leaves, mowing the grass and vacuuming are also fine. Just be sure to clear your activity with your doctor.
  • happy_bunny1990
    Options
    Would riding a bike be good in your opinion.