Saboteurs!!!

Options
ElementalMoe
ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
Do you have people in your life who will sabotage your weight loss efforts?

My ex husband will bring junk food into my house on a weekly basis, under the pretense that it is for our daughter. I've asked him not to several times, because SHE doesn't need it, and I certainly don't.

He KNOWS I'm trying to lose weight, and he knows I have little self-control with junk food (Which is why I don't buy it). . .

I think he's evil.

Replies

• Cakepiebeer
    Options
    <--- Immune
  • catgirl711
    Options
    Just throw it away. You said it yourself, you don't need it and your daughter doesn't need it. Maybe if you just keep throwing it away your ex will get the picture and stop trying to mess with you under the pretense of "food for your daughter."
  • SusanWinters
    Options
    My husband does the same thing to me...if I start losing weight he will start making cookies and sweets...I know he does it on purpose but I still have trouble resisting! Tonight I came home from shopping and he was waiting with chocolate rice crispy treats unforunately I had already eaten crap before I got home so I can't blame him! lol
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Do you have people in your life who will sabotage your weight loss efforts?

My ex husband will bring junk food into my house on a weekly basis, under the pretense that it is for our daughter. I've asked him not to several times, because SHE doesn't need it, and I certainly don't.

He KNOWS I'm trying to lose weight, and he knows I have little self-control with junk food (Which is why I don't buy it). . .

I think he's evil.

If he's paying for the junk food, I'd throw it away right there with him watching...I suppose you guys get along well since he's coming to your house so you might not want to start anything, but if you aren't paying for it you should just pitch it!!
  • laylina
    laylina Posts: 50
    Options
    ugh that's the worst!! you should save it all up for awhile then give it back to him. say thanks but we don't need this here. he will see you have the will power and his waste of money lol
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    or overweight friends/relatives who say "you're too skinny anyways! just eat it!" and make you feel bad (even though you have a healthy bmi)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Donate it.
  • ElementalMoe
    Options
    I'm lucky in that MOST of the time I can turf it. . . Today, however, I ate half a mini Blizzard. Pooh.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    nobody can sabotage you but yourself.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    I'm lucky in that MOST of the time I can turf it. . . Today, however, I ate half a mini Blizzard. Pooh.

You are still under in calories, and fat. *kitten* happens. If your calories allow for it, and you eat it... let it be.

But don't try and make it sound like it's somebody else force feeding you delicious treats.
  • shitnanane
    Options
    I've found that the best way to avoid saboteurs is to make sure you don't come off as a victim. As soon as I stopped whining about being on diets and starting showing (or at least pretending) that I was enjoying it, people stopped trying to interfere. The way I see it, most saboteurs genuinely care about the person they're sabotaging. If you break your leg, someone who cares about you will want to help by supporting you, trying to ease your pain, etc. Just show that you're doing this for your own good, and most sabotage will stop.
  • ElementalMoe
    Options
    You're right - He didn't force feed me - I ate it all on my own.

I guess my complaint is the lack of support, and his complete disregard of what I asked of him. It shows a lack of respect.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    He's your ex! Of course he doesn't respect or support you. I wish i worked different, believe me. I have my own I'd like to slap around for various reasons.
    **namely kids knowing what mcdonalds is

You are going to be just fine.
  • Estela565
    Options
    my coworker... ive told her several times im trying to lose weight... she always brings freshly baked sweet bread,homemade tortillas,cakes ohhhhhh so hard to resist!!! but im proud of myself for not eating it... i always tell her i had a big breakfast and im not hungry :D she puts it in my purse for "later":S
  • FitHitTheShan80
    Options
    All I can say is "please get that Poker mix out of my sight!!!"
  • ElementalMoe
    Options
    Life would be much easier if I didn't like food. I had a coworker who would also bring in baking - She also told me to "stop losing weight" because I am just right the way I am. (Never mind that I'm still classified as over weight. . . . ) I do a much better job of not eating the crap when I'm in public, but behind closed doors. . That's another story.
  • sarahdunagan
    Options
    Funny you mention this because my husband brought home Mcdonalds cheeseburgers, fries, and chocolate chip cookies for dinner last night. They smellllled so goood, but I passed on the burgers and fries......I did eat 1 1/2 cookies though!! I made myself some chicken and veggies.