Ever feel off balance?

Options
Tonnina
Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
I'm talking like "falling over balance" not "nutrient balanced" Some times I'll just be sitting here and feel as though I'm about to fall backwards. Also sometimes when I'm sleeping I will see myself falling and "catch myself" shaking the whole bed and waking up myself and my husband! :-P Anyone else have balance issues? :-P

Replies

• theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh man, yes. I can be walking just fine and out of no where i start to lean to one side and do a whole dance just to stay on my feet and i often get the feeling of falling in my dreams too. I find myself bumping into things as well when i walk.
  • alex258786
    alex258786 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had that once and I was freaking out. It's probably an inner ear issue. You should get that checked out. You never know, it might happen while driving and could have an accident.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi,:smile: and yes I have that problem sometimes. I can be due to inner ear issues but with me, I can get motion sickness just by WATCHING something go around in circles...I really hate it when my kids ride merry-go-rounds, lol.

I've noticed now that when the news goes across the bottom of the tv screen and I've read it for a while my head begins to spin and the second that I take my eyes off the tv and look somewhere else like at the wall or something everything looks like it is moving...I have dealt with vertigo for years now so I guess I'm used to it. You could get your ears checked for it though...I've never been diagnosed with an ear problem but still have the vertigo..not sure why!:ohwell:
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hi,:smile: and yes I have that problem sometimes. I can be due to inner ear issues but with me, I can get motion sickness just by WATCHING something go around in circles...I really hate it when my kids ride merry-go-rounds, lol.

I've noticed now that when the news goes across the bottom of the tv screen and I've read it for a while my head begins to spin and the second that I take my eyes off the tv and look somewhere else like at the wall or something everything looks like it is moving...I have dealt with vertigo for years now so I guess I'm used to it. You could get your ears checked for it though...I've never been diagnosed with an ear problem but still have the vertigo..not sure why!:ohwell:

Are you tall? I'm told tall people get vertigo. Of course that could just be my mom's way of explaining why I get shaky on escalators and stairs. :-P I've had my inner ear checked and it's not that. I never have this issue when driving, it's like if I'm stationary for too long, my body gets the sensation to move for me, causing me to "catch myself" :-P