First day of my life................

Options
I have decided to make today the first day of my life. My plan for my new life is to lose about 20 pounds. Although it may not be too much weight to lose for some people, it is monumental to me. These last 20 pounds have been sticking to me like glue! This glue has made me feel like I am carrying a truckload on my back......my lower back hurts occassionally, I pant when I go up a flight of stairs, my chest occassionally hurts, and I do not feel good about myself.

I know I am a work in progress. I have great support. My problem is I am a stress eater and I know that I have to get the stress under control, so I can get myself under control. I am 38 years old, and people tell me that I do not look my age. I feel older though, and I know it's the weight!! I plan on walking on the "dreadmill" ( and I shouldn't call it that because it will be my daily friend ) everyday for 30 minutes if I cannot go outside and take a walk. I will watch what I eat religiously. I am also planning on attending yoga class every Friday with a dear friend for motivation. The class runs for 4 weeks starting in May.

So today, my life starts.................I'm on my way to a better life for me, my Husband, and my kids. Good luck everyone with your own personal goals. I'm rooting for you.

Replies

• bizymama
    bizymama Posts: 30
    Options
    I have decided to make today the first day of my life. My plan for my new life is to lose about 20 pounds. Although it may not be too much weight to lose for some people, it is monumental to me. These last 20 pounds have been sticking to me like glue! This glue has made me feel like I am carrying a truckload on my back......my lower back hurts occassionally, I pant when I go up a flight of stairs, my chest occassionally hurts, and I do not feel good about myself.

I know I am a work in progress. I have great support. My problem is I am a stress eater and I know that I have to get the stress under control, so I can get myself under control. I am 38 years old, and people tell me that I do not look my age. I feel older though, and I know it's the weight!! I plan on walking on the "dreadmill" ( and I shouldn't call it that because it will be my daily friend ) everyday for 30 minutes if I cannot go outside and take a walk. I will watch what I eat religiously. I am also planning on attending yoga class every Friday with a dear friend for motivation. The class runs for 4 weeks starting in May.

So today, my life starts.................I'm on my way to a better life for me, my Husband, and my kids. Good luck everyone with your own personal goals. I'm rooting for you.
  • LindaGuidi
    LindaGuidi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Let do this together. I actually started running and I push myself to do a mile and then i walk a mile. If not outside then on the "dreadmill" like you said or on the track at the gym. good luck to you. keep me posted.

Linda
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    holy hell, 38? i hope i look that good in 11 years, you must be drinking special tea or sumthin....:tongue:

dreadmill? i think i like you....you're a keeper :laugh:

you can do it, we are all here to support you, annoy you, push you, and educate you....

don't give up, and push yourself! you'll see the rewards quicker than you would otherwise....

good luck! :drinker:
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good luck and remain positive. We all are fighting our own battles!! :tongue:
  • annlizaski
    Options
    I just signed up last night. I have been trying since January and only 5 pounds. I need to get moving. I am going to stick with it this time. My friend told me about this site and I hope it helps! I want to look good for a trip with my husband in May. Thanks in advance for support.
    :wink:179075.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • bizymama
    bizymama Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you.....I really appreciate the support! Okay....keep me accountable!:happy: