what is a food healthy low cal cereal?

Options
I love ceral with 1 % what is a good healthy low fat one that you like to eat?

Replies

• zoey36918
    Options
    I love cheerios. A cheerios to go is only 140 calories. I also like Kashi Go Lean which is only 130. Mainly Cheerios though!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is great. add fruit, nuts, dried fruit, honey, cinnamon, natural peanut butter...
    wheat bix or shreaded wheat, cold or heat in the microwave.
    muesli.
    bran.

all very healthy! avoid all them high sugar cereals out there!!!

and things like cheerios and stuff claim to be healthier than they are, the ones ive listed above are like at least 97% wholegrains but all delicious!!!!
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    If you have to have cereal I would go with oats every time. Add seeds, berries, nuts, or peanut butter
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Weetbix for me. Two biscuits with boiling water (cos I can't tolerate milk in the mornings)
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I eat boxed cereal though it isn't the best choice for health. I look at protein and fiber contribution and a generous portion (1 cup vs 1/2 cup) per serving at a low calorie count (close to 100 cals). If you replace your 1% with unsweetened almond milk you will save calories and likely decrease your response to environmental allergies as well. It takes getting used to to drink it in replace of cows milk but you may be pleasantly surprised.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have a sachet of micro oats for 97 calories (27g in a sachet). I make it with water.

Or two weetabix (137) also with hot water.

I love all cereals but it is one of my binge foods so only buy the things that I won't be inclined to binge on.
  • kcmg0730
    Options
    Cereal has absolutely floored my husband and I...we can't believe how high the calories are for a tiny portion! We eat pretty healthy cereal, too...it's just not what we thought it would be.

We've almost completely given it up, and instead try eating things like porridge, omelettes with veggies, even breakfast sandwiches tend to be less calories and more filling than cereal.
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have porridge every day :love:
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    like the girl said above, Cheerios! I love them. All kinds. My favorite is Multigrain. A little sweeter and crunchier than the original! :)
  • bullet1
    bullet1 Posts: 61
    Options
    My opinion is that if you are really trying to eat healthier, then cereal should be cut out. Cheerios, while low in calories is still crazy high in sugar. I've completely cut cereal, along with most breads out of my diet and started losing weight instantly. I try and keep my carb count under 100g and have had pretty good success so far.
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    thanks guys for the reply. See i get bored if i eat the same thing everyday. I know I can eat egg, oats anything else? I dont eat often cereal maybe once a week but i do like to change my diet and not eat the same.
  • zoey36918
    Options
    My opinion is that if you are really trying to eat healthier, then cereal should be cut out. Cheerios, while low in calories is still crazy high in sugar. I've completely cut cereal, along with most breads out of my diet and started losing weight instantly. I try and keep my carb count under 100g and have had pretty good success so far.

Cheerios, only has 2g of sugar per 39g of cereal... that is better than most cereals. According to Men's Health it is one of the best boxed cerals out there..