Android fans, Ice Cream Sandwhich is a few hours away!

Options
_Ben
_Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
10pm EST, Google and Samsung are making an official announcement. Gonna finally have a replacement for my original droid. I dont know how many other phone geeks are out there, but anyone else super pumped?

Replies

• Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I guess I am confused, why are they replacing the original Droid?

I've got a Droid 2 and I've gotten bumped up for a free upgrade to a 4G phone. Gotta take care of that.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    What does this have to do with an Ice Cream sandwich....TEASE! ;) lol.
  • NedIsokof
    Options
    Android 4 is code named Ice Cream Sandwich
  • _Ben
    Options
    Android version names are always named after deserts, like eclair, cupcake, honeycomb, froyo, gingerbread. Ice cream sandwich is the new version. Ive had the original droid for 2 years, could have upgraded for a very very long time, but there has yet to be a worthwhile phone in my opinion
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have a droid 2, does everyone with a droid 2 get a free upgrade or is just bc your contract needs to be renwed?
  • Gillian708
    Gillian708 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    is it a new phone that's being released or just the OS for the current phone?
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i just got into the andriod scene so im not sure what to expect from it
  • Salpica
    Options
    I have a droid 2, does everyone with a droid 2 get a free upgrade or is just bc your contract needs to be renwed?

My contract needs to be renewed in a year. Check with your local retailer because I'd be surprised if it's not offered to everyone. I've been with Verizon for over 12 years so maybe they love me a lot?
  • _Ben
    Options
    I guess I was a bit unclear, people arent following me.

I have had the original droid, and had an upgrade for a while, but I (and many people in the android scene) have felt that the phones that verizon have had have not been worth using an upgrade. The new phone that is being released is called Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The OS it will be running is called Ice Cream sandwich, or Android 4.0 . For android users, this is a really big release
  • Salpica
    Options
    I guess I was a bit unclear, people arent following me.

I have had the original droid, and had an upgrade for a while, but I (and many people in the android scene) have felt that the phones that verizon have had have not been worth using an upgrade. The new phone that is being released is called Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The OS it will be running is called Ice Cream sandwich, or Android 4.0 . For android users, this is a really big release

How many calories is that?

;-)
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    OMG! I've been waiting for that announcement and yes! I am so totally gonna get the ICS phone :D I'm a super android google supporter :D

I've been using my nexus one for about a year plus now... and it's been upgraded to gingerbread. I was kinda tempted to buy Samsung GSII because most android users were talking about it. I had to calm myself down to wait for this big thing. The teaser is keeping us in suspense. :P Something about tablets too :/

And ladies, only this Ice cream sandwich is 0 calories :P and it satisfy you~

I'm a tech fan, btw... hehe...
  • Salpica
    Options

I am not a lady :-(
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options

I am not a lady :-(

Oh. :-( Sorry, I didn't check on your profile. My mistake.

Ladies and Gentlemen, then.
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This begs the question...

What would you do for a Klondike bar? ;)