250 PLUS JOIN US

Options
Hi my name is Alisha and I am joining the myfitnesspal for the first time this evening on 10/11/2011 and I am very excited to chat with anyone that wishes to share their story about how did we get here. I weighed in today at my heaviest that I have ever been @ 274lbs. I am so bound and determined to get under 200lbs that there is going to be no stopping me. I welcome all people that are just needing that extra support. I know a lot of us out there just don't have it. People can be very fake about caring about your problems, because it is not their's. They just do not understand the struggle that people over weight go thru. I would like to make a difference in someone's life. I am on the same jorney as a lot of heavy weights and I am tired of being tired. It is time for a change. Feel free to introduce yourself anytime. I will chat with anyone and everyone who is willing to share their thoughts and progress with the program. "I CARE". I lost my father August 15, 2011 at the age of 67. I have not gotten over his death because I loved him dearly. His last words to me were "Loose the weight before it is to late" I have been in such a depressed state of mind that I really need to snap out of it. I am not only doing it for him, but for myself also. "I Want To Live"

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    Options
    So sorry about the loss of your father. Congrats on taking the first step towards a new healthy lifestyle. MFP works because it is a lifestyle...not a diet. You can do this!

Here's to your success!
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your father, and I'm all in!! I'm only down 17lbs so far so it's been a slow-go for me, but progress is progress, so I'll take it! I struggle with consistency, especially when it comes to going out on weekends with friends, or simply being "on the fly" and unprepared. Right now I'm at 325 and hoping desperately to get as close to 299 as possible before the end of the year.
  • ManderG03
    ManderG03 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    HI MY NAME IS AMANDA AND I AM 26! I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DAD. BUT, WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON. I COULDN'T HELP BUT BUST OUT CRYING WHEN I READ YOUR POST. I AM WAAAY OVERWEIGHT AND AM TRYING TO LOSE. I LOST MY DADDY 12-4-10 TO STAGE 4 COLON CANCER, HE WAS 53!! IT REALLY DID A NUMBER ON ME AS I WAS A TOTAL DADDY'S GIRL!! I HAD LOST RIGHT @ 20LBS BEFORE HE PASSED. AFTER HE PASSED I QUIT AND GAINED BACK WHAT I LOST +. LIKE YOUR DAD, MY DAD HAD WANTED ME TO LOSE MY WEIGHT. EVEN THOUGH HE WAS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO PHYSICALLY SHOW ME, HE WAS VERY PROUD OF ME!! I HAVE STARTED BACK THIS PAST SUN, I HAVE BEEN WALKING A MILE EVERYDAY, AND 1/2 MILE ON SAT AND SUN! I HAVE LOST 7LBS IN 6 DAYS! WE CAN DO THIS. SOO, LET'S DO THIS FOR OUR DAD'S AND OURSELVES. YOU IN???
  • yohance145
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome to 250 plus join us. We are all in need of support and ways to cope with this weight problem which is taking out a lot of people. Friends, Family, Love Ones, it has no mercy. Together with tips and ideas on what worked for you are what did'nt work for you is surely appreciated. I am at a point in my life were it is all or nothing. Reaching a whooping 274lbs today at my weigh in was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I know that their our others that weigh even more than that. I feel that all of our struggles are no different. The bottom line is that we have to loose the weight or it will cost you in the long run. "Let's do it this time people"! I am tired of being tired, Are You?
  • wolfxxi
    wolfxxi Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey yohance, I started yesterday and I too would like to go from my highest weight of 275 back under 200. Congratulations for coming on here and getting started. It really is all in time. We can all do it :)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my names Paul, from Wales UK. So Sorry to hear about your loss Amanda and Alisha
    I joined about 3 weeks ago but lurked in the wings ashamed to post about my self, Ive struggled with my weight for over 30 years
    since i packed up smoking and the weight started to pile on
    I have two children a boy of 18 and a daughter 14 and im 50 years of age next year so my motto is fit by 50
    I want to be around to see my children get married and see any future grandchildren so if i dont kick my own butt now it wont happen
    January 2011 saw me hit my heaviest weight of 315lb (thats 22st 7lb in british terms) I lost about 18 lb before my profile photo was taken on our rugby trip to Italy in February 2011
    Since then i put some back on lost a bit put a bit back and lost a bit more mainly through healthier eating but have recently been inspired by the biggest looser Usa and Australia
    3 weeks ago my son introduced me to his gym as they had a free months trial so at the moment my weight this morning before i go to the gym is 20st 3lb (283Lb) i have a long journey in front of me but hope to gain further inspiration from here and if my post can inspire any one to start weight loss that will be good. right guys im off to the gym see ya later . Paul
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Alisha and I am joining the myfitnesspal for the first time this evening on 10/11/2011 and I am very excited to chat with anyone that wishes to share their story about how did we get here. I weighed in today at my heaviest that I have ever been @ 274lbs. I am so bound and determined to get under 200lbs that there is going to be no stopping me. I welcome all people that are just needing that extra support. I know a lot of us out there just don't have it. People can be very fake about caring about your problems, because it is not their's. They just do not understand the struggle that people over weight go thru. I would like to make a difference in someone's life. I am on the same jorney as a lot of heavy weights and I am tired of being tired. It is time for a change. Feel free to introduce yourself anytime. I will chat with anyone and everyone who is willing to share their thoughts and progress with the program. "I CARE". I lost my father August 15, 2011 at the age of 67. I have not gotten over his death because I loved him dearly. His last words to me were "Loose the weight before it is to late" I have been in such a depressed state of mind that I really need to snap out of it. I am not only doing it for him, but for myself also. "I Want To Live"

Wow! I'm soo glad u made the right choice coming to mfp!! There are a lot of very caring and real people here who will support u and motivate u! Ur story really moved me! My heart really goes out to u for ur loss!! I will say this when I started at the end of june I was 245 but my heaviestt was somewhere between 255 to 260 lbs back in march. I decided I dropped a little weight because I started a new job which was a little more active than normal so I really wanted 2 go for it. I joined mfp with little faith in myself but the tracking was a huge tool for me to really stay focused and lose weight. After dropping a little more with the help of mfp I started exercising more and it just took off for me! I felt the same way as u I just wanted to get under that 200 mark! I thought that was soo far away and it had been years since I seen that weight! I'm very proud to say I'm at 208 now and never looking back! I tell people all the time about mfp because I just love it here! It def has been the biggest tool in my loss! I've learned so much from this site and from the people I have met. I'm 27 I have an 11 yr old boy and I'm a wife of 8 yrs. My family has been my life and I let myself go. I had no self confidence I was very depressed and desperate for a change. I used to think I was sooo big and soo over weigh that I would have to starve and work myself to death with exercise in order to see any significant results but that is sooo not true! Every week I see progress and it just motivates me to keep going! I will reach my goal and I just know it! For the 1st time in a yrs I feel good again and I feel pride in myself which is huge!
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm in. You all can friend me.
  • Myzstarr
    Myzstarr Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    im in with u chick. ur story just brought tears to my eyes. good luck to u
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hi guys, n gals

Just wanted to check in, I'm finally out of the 20 stone club. Weighed this morning at 19St 13Lb 4oz (20st =280lb)
    Its been quite hard with the Rugby world cup taking place and to many beers being consumed
    :-)

How do i get my weight loss scale to appear in my posts ?