Over 50 MFP where are you?

Options
Looking for friends over 50 to join me in my weight loss journey. I have tried everything, I have rheumatoid arthritis and I really need to get this weight off of my joints. I am looking for friendship and encouragement, and am willing to encourage you and be your friend too!

Replies

• Linda1053
    Linda1053 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Im over 50 and on the same journey. Feel free to add me as a friend and companion for the journey. It is so good on here and very supportive. Take Care Linda
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 52 and determined to make this work. I would love another friend to help along the way! Friend me if you like.
    Carol
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Ditto what Linda said. I am way over 50 and also needing all the support I can get. This is definitely the place to find it. This is the first time in years that I have stuck with a plan for this long. I love this site!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm am 50...51 in March, I love this site! I feel the best I have in years and starting look better too! I would love to be your friend :flowerforyou:
  • kdwatkinspc
    Options
    Hello 51from and would like to be friends.
  • BetteEdmonson
    Options
    Boy have you come to the right place! MFP is a lifesaver for those of us who are "older" but still need to get healthy. I'm 63 and joined this past August 21. I've lost 26 pounds and many inches. I only measure every 4 weeks but weigh every week. I love having friends on mfp since we all have the same goal in mind...whether it be 100+ pounds or 10. It still takes willpower, dedication, and a change in your lifestyle. I was diagnosed recently with pre-diabetes...only 10 points away from the real thing. So I joined my youngest daughter and her husband on mfp and began this wonderful journey to a healthy lifestyle change. I thought I'd surely have a breakddown hissyfit kind of tantrum having to give up sugar but it has not bothered me one single bit. Amazing what eating right can do for you.

I also have arthritis and my only form of exercise is water aerobics. I go 6 days a week and work out the equivalent to 18 miles of walking! Do you have access to a pool? I work out at the YMCA and they have classes all day long. I love the 5:30 a.m. classes M-F and then @ 9 on Saturday. My joints have improved 100%. I need total need replacement on one and maybe both knees and it has strengthened the muscles around both knees so much that my walking looks normal again. I was walking like a penguin!!!

Think you want to be my friend? I'm extremely optimistic and will encourage you right down to your last pound lost. Friends is the only way to go on mfp. I love mine and keep in touch daily. Let me know. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Bette
  • newmercies7
    Options
    I'm 49. will that do? I was just saying to my daughter that most of the poeple on here seem to be young. I need more of the "mature" weight loss freinds too. :wink:
  • Semperfione
    Options
    I am 60 and would love to be your friend. Just add me and will do the same...
  • Mamasmurff8846
    Options
    im not over fifty but i will keep you in prayer if thats ok. you can do it i know you cna:happy:
  • Diane13bell
    Options
    I AM A GRANDMOTHER OF 8 AND ONE MORE ON THE WAY AND I HAVE BEEN OVERWEIGHT MOST OF MY ADULT LIFE. TEN YEARS AGO I LOST OVER 100 POUNDS ON WIEGHT WATCHERS I HAVE PUT ABOUT 60 POUNDS BACK ON AFTER HAVING TO TAKE CARE OF TWO ELDERLY PARENTS. MY MOTHER JUST DIED @ 89 YEARS AND I HAVE MOVED IN WITH MY FATHER TO HELP HIM. hE IS 92 BUT DOES GOOD ON HIS OWN.

BUT NOW THAT I AM 63 YEARS OLD WITH A BAD HIP AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT I AM FINDING LOSING WEIGHT MUCH HARDER. SO I DECIDED TO DO THIS SITE AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO FINDING FRIENDS WHO CAN GIVE ME GREAT ADVICE....THANKS FOR YOUR IDEAS....
  • jacks60
    jacks60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm 51 and would like the support of similar aged people so please add me. Is there a 50+ group on here? I thought I'd seen one somewhere but maybe it was on a different site
    Jackie x
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 - will I do? Fell free to add me, any of you!
    Lindsay
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Turned 50 last week! Can't complain so far.
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm in my late 50's and I've been with MFP for 6 weeks, so still relatively a 'new boy'. Would be happy to befriend you all if you want to add me.
  • fendeb
    fendeb Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi, I would love to be your friend add me if you like & I will do the same. I am going to be 59 in Jan....yikes, last year in my 50's. I want to look & feel great when I reach 60. Can use all the support we can get. Welcome to MFP it is the best site for wt. loss & encouragemnent in so many ways!!!
    Deb:flowerforyou:
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and was using The Daily Plate for years, but when my daughter joined this site, I joined as well, to be a support for her. I am finding this site easier to navigate and better functioning than TDP and am enjoying myself. Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    will I do ...lol....love this site and all the support on here anyone of you can add me if you like .I do try to support friends as much as I can.I am 58,and will be 59 next april.Its always nice to speak to people with similar problems ....I have had 2 partial knee replacements because of arthritis and suffer with osteoarthritis in other parts of my body(all part of getting older)
    Joined this site to sort myself out before I reach 60.......AND ITS WORKING!!!!!!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am 50 something too. Take a look at my profile and if you think I sound like someone that might be a positive support for you and that you could do likewise, shoot me a friends request. Put over 50 MFP so I will know where you came from!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I'm Nita. 53 and although I love all my jfp friends I do enjoy having some closer to my age.

I have 2 threads you ladies might wish to check out.

"Any Groups for 50+ aged women???" by mt50plus
    "Near or post menopausal group" by debs6

Feel free to send me a friends request if you'd like.
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 for 2 more weeks at least. I turn 52 November 5th :bigsmile: . I'd love to have more friends my age or older. Friend me if you like! :flowerforyou: