Calorie Increase

Options
I finally met my weight loss goal and I would like to maintain my weight.

I am currently on the 1200 calorie mark but when I updated my profile to maintain my current weight, my calories increased to 1800 a day!

How do I make this transition without gaining some of the weight back? And do i have to exercise as before or should i do moderate exercises?

Replies

• jmhII
    jmhII Posts: 11
    Options
    congratulations on reaching your goal!

I would not sacrifice exercise time, exercise is always good.

Maybe slowly increase your net calorie intake to 1800 over the course of a few days or weeks rather than doing so immediately. Give your body time to get used to the change.

Also, stay healthy above everything else and make those extra calories good ones.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    congrats to making your goal!!! that's great!!!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    congratulations on reaching your goal!

I would not sacrifice exercise time, exercise is always good.

Maybe slowly increase your net calorie intake to 1800 over the course of a few days or weeks rather than doing so immediately. Give your body time to get used to the change.

Also, stay healthy above everything else and make those extra calories good ones.

yup^ take a few weeks, and make sure its with GOOD foods
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options
    I Hear you! I've met my goal, and then another, and now I'm at the bottom end of a healthy BMI so I need to increase and maintain rather than lose anymore. Feeling a bit panicked about it!
  • enana88
    enana88 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for answering my question :happy: I will start increasing my calories little by little! Hopefully I don't gain any weight!