hydration calculator

kirstyfromscotland
kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
edited October 4 in Health and Weight Loss
I just found this and thought it was quite good, thought i would share it. :bigsmile:
http://www.wateraid.org/uk/get_involved/drink_more_water/1415.asp

Replies

• Thanks for that - it says I should drink 17 glasses of water a day......17?! I'd drown!!! :laugh:
  • mgba
    mgba Posts: 6 Member
    Says i should drink 16!...i would def be going to the toilet every second!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    opps 13 grasses of water.. okay i will have to learn to swim better
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Tells me 12 so i'm doing about right
  • clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    good site thanks. it said 12 glasses a day, im going to try, i usually only manage 5
  • ShanaJo87
    ShanaJo87 Posts: 76 Member
    I read in multiple different places that you can also take your weight and divide by 2 and that's how many ounces you should drink. Not sure if this is true... has anyone else read that?

Here is one site that says that http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/15Plateau_tips.htm
    Below is the section from that website

"8. Drink half your body weight in water each day

According to Barbara Levine, R.D., Ph.D., the Director of the Nutrition Information Center at the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center and reported in the June 1999 issue of Weight Watchers magazine, she says that overweight people need more water than the typical 8 cups a day rule. "Overweight people tend to need more water, because fat cells hold more water than other fat cells in the body. To determine the number of ounces of water you need per day, divide your weight by two. For example, a person who weighs 140 pounds should consume 70 ounces, or about 9 cups. Of course, this is an estimate. The best way to gauge whether you are getting enough water is to monitor the color of your urine. If you're drinking enough, it should be the color of pale straw. If it is a deeper yellow, you're not getting enough fluids" (page 16, June 1999). Lots of times we misinterpret thirst for hunger, try water first, wait 20 minutes, real hunger will not go away."
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    It said 9 which is pretty ,much what I'm drinking now :)

I guess the more exercise you do, the more you need to drink.
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Very useful tool!

It said 10 for me! I usually average that! WOOP! :happy:
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    mine said 10 im usually between 9-12!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    I have no idea how to convert pounds to kg! LOL I'll just stick with my 10-12 a day LOL
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    I have no idea how to convert pounds to kg! LOL I'll just stick with my 10-12 a day LOL

I googled for a conversion calculator....

My results were 8 glasses a day!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    I checked it out and I really need to up my water intake.... I am striving to gulp down 8 and I should be doubling that! Better get chugging!
This discussion has been closed.