How do i log this?

Options
I started my new job today and for 7 hours i was on the ground grinding metal down... my muscles are aching and i sweated heaps! Never done it before and it was hot in there... i can feel muscles in my body i never knew existed... so i know i burnt a lot of calories tomorrow but how on earth could i log it?

Replies

• jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    maybe calisinthetics? you were using your body tehe
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Is it a full time job? If so, you could change your activity level to "active" instead og logging it as exercise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is it a full time job? If so, you could change your activity level to "active" instead og logging it as exercise.

i would do this, up your activity level if you are doing a lot of physical work through the week.
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to change your setting's to change your settings for your normal daily activity eg, sedentary, Lightly active, Active and Very Active.
  • Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    yeah but all that does is up my calories... i dont want to do that
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

Why not? If your lifestyle changes, you need to adapt your diet accordingly.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    if you log it as exercise it will still up your calories
  • Camsdette
    Camsdette Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Excellent point.
  • Candice83
    Options
    i found a site saying that sanding a floor for an hour burns 306 calories.. and i pretty much did the same thing except it was metal.. so i'll use that
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I agree, change your lifestyle to active. Yes it will increase your calorie intake, but with the work you are doing you would be burning it off anyway.
    If you were to stick with the same calorie intake you could be putting your body into famine mode.
  • Candice83
    Options
    im a pretty big eater.. theres no way i'll ever be in famine mode.. i dont like the feeling of an empty stomach