Losing weight but feeling fatter?

Options
I've lost one pound this week, and one pound per week for the last 3 weeks but I feel more fat. I'm sure everyone is familiar with that fat feeling; I feel larger and flabbier. Could this be water retention causing this feeling? Any ideas? It's definitely not psychological.

Oh, and I'm still exercising/toning, so I dont *think* the weight loss has been muscle... But who knows!

Replies

• celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    well the scale shows your losing , even if its small amounts , its still a loss and not a gain ! Are you drinking water?
  • getnhealthymum
    Options
    I was just telling my hubby how I feel fatter since I've been eating better and working out. He just said I was crazy, lol.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If you aren't doing any strength training, then you will lose some muscle w/ the fat.
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way.I think the body gets a bit disproportionate in the beginning. It also takes about three months before other people notice that we have lost weight. The body transformation takes long time.
  • sallyv22
    Options
    Honestly,,,, its the flab. I get it too... and I do free weights 4 days a week, yoga and cardio daily. In the beginning, everything is hard to deal with honestly... I tend to actually gain weight, because of inproved muscle mass, but gain flab because... its just there, thats life.... and eventually it will go away. :happy:

stick with it.
  • Babydollnikki
    Options
    I know what you mean...especially around that time of the month. Easy 5lbs. :(
    www.themanscholar.com
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was gonna post something similar.

I feel so flabby lately even with losing roughly a pound a week for the last 3 weeks.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I get this all the time. I have more "fat days" now than I did when I was five stone heavier. I think it's just because I'm a lot more body conscious, and am trying to wear more revealing clothes, so the "bad bits" get a lot more attention. I'm sure I'll get there in the end.

Just hoping that I'm actually satisfied when I reach my goal weight!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Definitely have that feeling sometimes - I think for me it may be eating more veggies like broccoli, etc that can give me that bloated feeling... BUT when I drink more water, I do feel better and that feeling goes away. I actually did research on foods that can bloat because I hate that feeling! Good luck on your journey!! Keep it up and exercise will definitely help to tone too.