have you ever ?

Options
have you ever done or said something you totally regret , if so how did you get over this ?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i regret posting in this thread.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yes, when my mom was dying of lung cancer I told her if she would fight more instead of just giving up, she could probably beat the cancer. I still see the look on my mom's face. I was frustrated, mad and sad all rolled into one. Hopefully my mom knows I didn't mean any of it and how much I loved her.

Now when I'm angry or frustrated I go for a walk, try to think things through in my head before I speak, because I'll always regret that day.
  • sclarke76
    Options

thank lol x
  • sclarke76
    Options
    Yes, when my mom was dying of lung cancer I told her if she would fight more instead of just giving up, she could probably beat the cancer. I still see the look on my mom's face. I was frustrated, mad and sad all rolled into one. Hopefully my mom knows I didn't mean any of it and how much I loved her.

Now when I'm angry or frustrated I go for a walk, try to think things through in my head before I speak, because I'll always regret that day.

hugs x
  • ElisaRazz
    ElisaRazz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i regret stuffing my face with junk food and letting myself get to this weight.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well, you've done or said it now, it's in the past, it's done. You can't take it back. But you can apologise, you can figure out why you said or did it and if you need to apologise lay out those reasons.

Don't blame anyone else though they were your actions and something triggered them.

Don't wallow in the action, move on and let it make you a stronger person.

But if you need to apologise. Do it. Even if the other person doesn't want to hear at least you tried and put it out there.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    have you ever done or said something you totally regret , if so how did you get over this ?

why, what did u do?
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Oh- all the time. And I also tend to beat myself up about it for a long, long time before I let go. But there's no point doing this.. life's too short. Grasp hold of the present, let go of the past and look forward to the future.
  • sclarke76
    Options

why, what did u do?

fell for someone way too soon , stupid i know then i turned into a right ******
  • FrayedKnot
    Options
    Looking at your pic babe, I'm in danger of that right now!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I regret what I am going to say right now by looking at your picture.
  • sclarke76
    Options
    I regret what I am going to say right now by looking at your picture.

which is ?
  • kouzzzz
    Options
    I can't, someone will report my post.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

we wont.. promise!!!!
  • sclarke76
    Options

well i wont tell x
  • kouzzzz
    Options

well i wont tell x

LOL
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

PMSL!
  • kouzzzz
    Options

well i wont tell x

You changed your profile picture? I liked it.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Yes. I hurt my ex boyfriend in an attempt to make him get over me easily when we would break up...Instead he just tried harder to make things work, and I ended up being a real *****. :( I regret it, because I ended up hurting him more than if I had just broken up with him...

The only way I can feel better about this is to treat my next boyfriend a lot better and to only date people I am attracted to and get along with from the get-go. I don't think I will ever forgive myself though. I will simply learn from my mistake and never commit it again. ^^