Really want to scream!!!!!!

Options
I'm 66lbs down, people are starting to notice, even I can see a difference when I look in the mirror.......... so why, why, why am I still in the same size clothes - tops, skirts, underwear.............aaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhh!

I'm swimming 20-30 lengths 3-4 times a week, doing 3 aqua aerobic classes, and fitting in other exercise as and when I'm able, I look healthier yet the size label doesn't change!

Perhaps it's because I'm losing 'internal' fat - I've measured myself and lost a whole inch on my waist, nothing else has changed.

This is just really frustrating me today!

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    girl i have NO answer for you. ive lost 21 lbs...that should mean i should be down at least 1 pants size...wait for it though because one week your stuff will just be swimming on you and falling down!! any minute now it'll be here!! hang tight!
  • speckled_1
    Options
    66 pounds is amazing! You should feel good about that. The inches will come, keep up the awesome work!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Please don't worry! If weight is still coming off then you're definitely doing something right! Soon enough the external fat will start dropping too in that case. You are going in the right direction and you WILL SEE CHANGES SOON. Just keep going because in a year's time you will see the difference you've been waiting for and you'll be so happy you kept at it. We all get frustrated from time to time!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    that is a tough one! one thing that I have realized now tha I am down 35+ pounds is that a lot of my clothes from last year that still fit look nice...which means a year ago they were probably too tight! we all like to say we wear a smaller size than we do, whatever it is...so I know I was guilty of buying stuff that was a bit too small so that I didn't have to go up a size figuring it would stretch out a bit or whatever. 66 pounds down and I imagine your things are fitting better than ever before :) Keep up the amazing work!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Maybe your clothes are too big but since it's been gradual, you don't notice? Ask some girlfriends if your outfits look ok, maybe. (But after losing close to 70 lbs I also still wear some of the same underwear...)
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    There is a difference between being squeezing yourself into a size 20 and being able to comfortably fit into that same size...have you noticed a difference in how your clothes fit?... 66lbs is an amazing amount of weight....and as you keep losing you WILL see a difference ...Promise!! Don't get discouraged....if people are noticing then it is coming off...might be coming off your face..shoulders first...hips and tummy last..thats how it is going with me...
  • Charrah
    Charrah Posts: 60
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! You have done AMAZINGLY to lose 66lbs and it'll prob all show at once. Stay strong, your a fabulous inspiration.
    xxx
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    When I started I didn't take measurements but it did take me about 40 lbs to lose one pants size. My high weight was about 289 and when I really started trying to lose I was at 270. I dropped one crappy pants size between 289 and 250. My theory concerning myself is that I was shoe-horning myself into pants that were too small:) Once I dropped that first size I started losing consistently. I've dropped 3 sizes in the last 35 lbs. It'll come. Just give it some more time and don't drive yourself crazy over it. 66 lbs is amazing.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think it's the same reason why I was able to gain so much weight and not notice because my clothes still fit: you might be losing in areas that don't really affect the fit. For example, I gained about 50 lbs while still wearing the same clothes - it wasn't until I started noticing things tight in my waist/chest that I weighed myself. All I can imagine is that I gained in areas like my calves, arms, face and neck - even thighs - areas that don't really impact your clothes (unless you wear tight legged pants). If you are losing in those areas first, it is noticable, but until the chest/waist/hips start to change, your clothes will still fit. Just my thought.
  • hometoast
    Options
    Going to just add to what everyone else said, don't worry too much about the clothing size, you lost 66lb, that's amazing: good work!

I agree with lil_pulp. Maybe just try on smaller sizes and see if they fit -- it might surprise you.
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i have this really some of my size 20 clothes still fit while my new size 18 jeans are getting big lol im not sure where the weight is dropping off from but ive lost 32lbs since july
  • CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When I lost the first 5kg (10 pounds?) a lot of friends asked me if all my clothes were loose and they just... weren't :(

Then I dropped down a few more kg and suddenly nothing looked good. I realised that most of my wardrobe was made up of stretchy fabrics - things that fit over my belly and boobs: I just wasn't stretching them out as much!

Take measurements and track them. You *know* that you are losing inches.

Once you hit the point when you can't keep your baggy clothes on you'll be cursing the cost of having to buy everything new! Oh and if you've changed around the chest make sure you get refitted for your bra.
  • AloyMomNwife
    AloyMomNwife Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've realized during my previous weight losing episodes that the more you have to lose the longer it takes for the body to look different. Your clothes haven't changed size but, they probably fit much more comfortably now. In my case, I hate shopping for clothes when I'm fat so I use and use and use the same clothes, squeezing into pants that no longer fit just to avoid the horrible shopping experience. I have found that I stretch my pants so much I turn them into 1-2 sizes bigger than what the tag says. If I were to buy them new (and I've tried) that size wouldn't go up past my knees. So, when those old rags are looser in my waist I know I've achieved something but I must keep going to reach the ultimate goal of being a smaller size.

So, ask yourself this, would you have been able to fit in a new pair of pants the size you wear now, 66 lbs ago? You'll have smaller clothes in your closet before you know it!! I'm sure you are looking way better in the size your wearing, even if it is the same, than before you lost those amazing 66 lbs. Keep going, you've already proved you can do it!! Go, go, go!!!
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    Sometimes what happend when we are bigger... in example my case... I've lost close to 30pounds... I'm finding some of my current clothes getting a bit easier to put on but no major inches loss... if you have a fat apron (you know the fat the hangs down) you are probably losing inches there.... Also I always lose my butt, arms, and leg fat first.... It's different for each person. I hope you have continued success don't let this get you down!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Are your shoes looser? Your rings? I started losing from the outter edges first...my feet, hands, forearms, hands, neck and face. Then the chest, waist, hips and thighs started to shift. Be patient grasshopper!
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    I notice that woman start losing weight from the face, the shoulders, the breasts , then downwards! Like myself i was squeezing 10lbs of potaoes in a 5 lb bag if you catch my drift!!! 66 lbs. is wonderful! You have to be feeling the results in the way you can get up much easier , breath much easier etc. stick to whatever it is ur doing!!! Great job on ur 66 lb. loss!!! Geri:smile:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Sometimes what happend when we are bigger... in example my case... I've lost close to 30pounds... I'm finding some of my current clothes getting a bit easier to put on but no major inches loss... if you have a fat apron (you know the fat the hangs down) you are probably losing inches there.... Also I always lose my butt, arms, and leg fat first.... It's different for each person. I hope you have continued success don't let this get you down!

The fat apron LOL......... Oh yes, I have that!!!!!! I suppose my clothes do fit a little looser, but as I've had them for so long now I'd love to change them - what is so annoying is that hubby has lost 14lbs but his trousers look at least 4 sizes too large and if he stands up too quickly they fall off LOL

I know it will come eventually, but I just get annoyed with myself. I'm proud that I've achieved a loss of a third of what I need to lose so far, and I won't give up - perhaps by Christmas I may hit the jackpot and get down into that next size! Thanks for all your support!