fat content

Options
in my food diary I never eat all of my fat points, or whatever they are called, and today i only ate 11 out of 50 of them, I'm eating plenty of calories though, but what does this mean when I don't eat much of my fat points?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Fat is VERY important. You need fat in your diet. I would strongly suggest you get those fat points in.

Try eating walnuts/almonds and add olive oil to your cooking :]
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    lol i just thought it was a good thing, but then I thought, I must have those fat points for a reason lol, I don't mean to not eat much of them though :P
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat :] fat is essential! :D

I was doing the same for a while xD I think fat can be hard to get sometimes! I hate nuts/PB so I just add olive oil to everything :]

A little bonus for those good fats (omegas) = shiny hair, improves skin, and strengthens finger nails :D
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know that if you exclude too much your end result can be dry skin and brittle hair and fingernails. That is only part of it, I'm sure that fat is also important to the digestion of food and I'm sure there is probably more reasons...Try to get more in on a daily basis. Nuts are a great way to do it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Fat is VERY important. You need fat in your diet. I would strongly suggest you get those fat points in.

Try eating walnuts/almonds and add olive oil to your cooking :]

100% agree.

A balanced diet consists of fat being 20-30% of total calories. So if you eat 1200 cals/day, you should get between 27 and 40 grams. If you eat more calories you should get more fat. Fat is good for your hair, skin, nail, digestive system (keeps it lubricated)
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    oh wow.. did not know this lol! thanks :)
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Eat an OZ of peanuts, that should take care of the fats that you are missing.