Starting Herbalife today

Options
Looking for anyone who as used Herbalife before so I can pick your brain and also I would just love a support person while I go thru this part of my plan to get this weight off.

I love the shakes so far and love how I'm still feeling full around 11am when I drank my shake around 8am. :smile:

Replies

• gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm doing since May, between that and using MFP I've lost 40 pounds since May
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My cousin did this and now sells the products....she is at the weight she was from high school and lost like 60 pounds and was never hungry. I love the shakes....The biggest key is to eat every 3 hours regardless if you are hungry. My kids even like the shakes for breakfast...best of luck and remember to eat!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    My cousin did this and now sells the products....she is at the weight she was from high school and lost like 60 pounds and was never hungry. I love the shakes....The biggest key is to eat every 3 hours regardless if you are hungry. My kids even like the shakes for breakfast...best of luck and remember to eat!

Good to know! :) Thanks
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use the Herbalife products and sell them. (I am NOT advertising, so please don't flag me.) I like the shakes for exercise recovery, too. Most products are good protein sources and help you stay feeling satisfied for not a lot of calories. I also like the Mango drink. My kids also love the shakes.
  • skiqt323
    Options
    I use it mainly for breakfast. I never used to eat breakfast at all and the shakes taste great, fill me up, and give me lots of energy. I have also been doing the tea in the am for a boost before I work out. During the week, I try to do 2 shakes a day, but I am so bad at keeping up with it on the weekends. My husband loves to cook and I just can't resist it on the weekends. I have about 10 stubborn pounds to lose, but even when I do the 2 shakes, my weight doesn't seem to come off like it does for others. My mom is on it and has lost 25 lbs over the last 6 months or so. When I joined I bought a lot of product to get a 45% off discount, but I am no salesperson, but it's not that expensive with the discount.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have been using Herbalife since June 2010 and I have lost over 80 pounds. I got off the shakes and went back to my old ways and gained about 20+ back... I recently started being faithful to my shakes again and I have re-lost 13 pounds in the past 3 weeks. I love the shakes and my 6 year old daughter loves them also. But the above posters are correct. eat every three hours and also use it as a supplement not a "diet" I think that might of been my 1st mistake. Good luck and if you are still looking for friends please feel free to add me!!
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am also about to start back.

question, do you guys use soy milk or regular milk with it?
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options
    I use water and ice so I don't get extra calories!!
  • robyng1986
    Options

oh wow... how does that taste?? i used to use regular milk but that used to be a wee bit of an issue for me, so then I started using soy. it was great! but then my boyfriend at the time used to tell me so much soy milk is not good for me. sigh
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options

oh wow... how does that taste?? i used to use regular milk but that used to be a wee bit of an issue for me, so then I started using soy. it was great! but then my boyfriend at the time used to tell me so much soy milk is not good for me. sigh

It tastes great!! But then again I started out using ice and water. I use about a 12 oz. cup of smaller cubed ice and then fill my blender up to the 2. ( I knoe nice directions huh lol) I also add a greek yogurt to my vanilla shake mix.. Love that!!
  • robyng1986
    Options

It tastes great!! But then again I started out using ice and water. I use about a 12 oz. cup of smaller cubed ice and then fill my blender up to the 2. ( I knoe nice directions huh lol) I also add a greek yogurt to my vanilla shake mix.. Love that!!

prob is i have no blender here. i'm renting an apartment while in school and i have no intentions of buying one. lol!! bad i know, but i'm in barbados and stuff here just TOOO expensive. soooo therein lies my prob. :s

i will definitely check the website and see what i can do. if i am motivated enough maybe i just might invest in the blender.

LIFE IS HARD WITH NO BLENDER! lol
  • smalloneday
    smalloneday Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use water and use a blender makes them so much better and the web site they gave you is a great web site
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been using Herbalife since June 2010 and I have lost over 80 pounds. I got off the shakes and went back to my old ways and gained about 20+ back... I recently started being faithful to my shakes again and I have re-lost 13 pounds in the past 3 weeks. I love the shakes and my 6 year old daughter loves them also. But the above posters are correct. eat every three hours and also use it as a supplement not a "diet" I think that might of been my 1st mistake. Good luck and if you are still looking for friends please feel free to add me!!

I think this is my issue. I have been doing a shake for breakfast and a pie from one of the Herbalife recipes as lunch and yesterday I was so cranky and hungry that I went home and binged on chili for dinner. I have been trying to figure out the balance. Any suggestions on snacks, etc, would be greatly appreciated. I figured even if I did a shake or other recipe for breakfast maybe that will be helpful.
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options

I think this is my issue. I have been doing a shake for breakfast and a pie from one of the Herbalife recipes as lunch and yesterday I was so cranky and hungry that I went home and binged on chili for dinner. I have been trying to figure out the balance. Any suggestions on snacks, etc, would be greatly appreciated. I figured even if I did a shake or other recipe for breakfast maybe that will be helpful.

All of my snacks contain protein... Cottage cheese, cheese sticks. On days I get really hungry I might have another shake for a snack. Plain is only 110 calories with 1 scoop of protein. I also eat turkey slices and greek yogurt. I may even have a grilled chicken breast 110-120 calories for a snack. I also try to drink my water (at least 8 glasses a day). I will keep carrots and green peppers on my desk at work all day (I'm a muncher lol). Please if you would like friend me so we can help each other..
  • Sydsterlove3
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Sydney and I really need someone who can push me to go back down to 120lbs. I just bought herballife and I have no idea what I'm doing I would love to do it tomorrow but I don't know what to do.. I have been saying to myself that I need to lose weight but I have two jobs and I go to school. But that's no excuse, please I would love some help and supporters in my journey! Thank you????
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

I am not on this program, but just wanted to add that almond milk is only 30 calories a cup. I prefer the unsweetened to add things to -- the sweet is unbearably sweet. Silk brand is the one to get -- it doesn't have carageenan (or however you spell it, the additive that causes digestive problems in some people).
  • kbschu23
    kbschu23 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on a mission to go back to my ideal weight. I'm convinced Herbalife is the key. Thing is...I have no clue where to start or what to start off with. Any suggestions? I need help!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You would need to start by finding a Coach. They can provide products, training and support for your goals.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm on a mission to go back to my ideal weight. I'm convinced Herbalife is the key. Thing is...I have no clue where to start or what to start off with. Any suggestions? I need help!

You're 18.

Work on eating properly through portion control. That is what will help you get back to your ideal weight and keep it off.