Fish oil = fish burps

Options
Anyone have a solution for fish burps? I've stop taking my fish oil capsules becaue I hate the fish burps :S

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I take mine at night instead of in the morning--and that's worked for me
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Tried taking them with a meal? That might also help :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    <--- threw up in my mouth a bit there.
  • PreacherRam
    Options
    Take them while you are eating your meal. I take at least 4 a day, 2 with breakfast and 2 with lunch.
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Take it with a meal...I do?? No burps!
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    i take my fish oil with my cayenne--at least if i get them they are spicy---LOL
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    They make the kind that does not cause fish burps, it will say so right on the label. If you need to burn off the ones you have, take them before you go to bed, and no one will notice!!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Hahahaha!
  • rubbyk
    rubbyk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I take cinnamon everyday, then I started taking fish oil and I have never had a fish burp, although sometimes I have a cinnamon burp
  • kakelly1974
    kakelly1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Put them in the freezer. At least that's what I've heard.
  • kakelly1974
    kakelly1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I take cinnamon everyday, then I started taking fish oil and I have never had a fish burp, although sometimes I have a cinnamon burp

Much rather have a cinnamon burp than a fish oil burp.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I had this same issue. Even when taking regular fish oil capsules with full meals, at night, whatever, I would still get nasty fish burps (that would make me literally gag and it would go on FOR HOURS).

What solved it for me is buying the "no burp" formula (it says so right on the label) and taking THOSE with a full meal. :) I hope this helps! :D
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Put them in the freezer. At least that's what I've heard.

Huh, this is a good point I never thought of! Thinking about it now, I do react less (even to the no burp ones) when they are kept with my freezer packs inside my lunch box and get cold.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Fish burps is normally a sign of poor quality fish oil. The burps come from the oil partial bein broken down inside the capsule. It's not dangerous, but you may not be getting the freshest, highest quality fish oil.

Taking them with a meal can help, though I can't see how freezing them would.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

That's more disgusting than burps.
  • DrkDancr
    DrkDancr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have given up the fish oil caps and take a liquid, flavored fish oil supplement. Yummy taste and no burps!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    what she said and everyone else. I take CVS brand and Nature's 3,6 and 9 no fishy burp. If you take them with a meal no fishy burp. Also was told if you can put them in the fridge to prevent fishy burp but haven't tried that.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Fish burps is normally a sign of poor quality fish oil. The burps come from the oil partial bein broken down inside the capsule. It's not dangerous, but you may not be getting the freshest, highest quality fish oil.

Taking them with a meal can help, though I can't see how freezing them would.

This! A better quality brand will eliminate the fish burps. Carlson and Nordic Naturals are two good brands. They cost more but are worth the expense.