Protein shakes...

Options
Anyone know any good protein shakes that dont taste like crap and arent specifically made to gain weight? I need a recovery drink that will keep me full after my workout in the evening. Any ideas? i have shakeology but just seems to expensive for every day use and its more of a meal replacement.

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    try GNC?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    My fav tasting is Optimum Nutrition. You can add PB and oats to it to help you gain :]
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    try GNC?

Nah GNC is a huge rip off.

Bodybuilding.com will help you much more :]
  • LoriFleming
    LoriFleming Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We use the GNC shakes. They're yummy.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cup Super Whey from Walmart.... $15ish for a container that makes 30+ shakes (depending if you use 1 scoop or 2).
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I use Jillian Michael's Whey Protein
  • asmockwv
    asmockwv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like Frutein and Spirutein. Tastes good and comes in a variety of flavors. Only around 110 calories, depending on what you mix it with.
  • kerriavr
    kerriavr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My fav tasting is Optimum Nutrition. You can add PB and oats to it to help you gain :]

I've tried several and agree the Optimum Nutrition tastes the best!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha-6. I use it for breakfast and dinner, after my workout. Vanilla with frozen strawberries in the blender. 200 cals, enough to work as a meal replacement. Very yummie and very good.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I buy From the Makers of Muscle Milk 100% Whey Chocolate (they also have vanilla) at Costco. It's really good.
    1 scoop = 140 Cals, 2 g Fat, 27 g protein
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Though not really a protein shake, I found that NOW Foods has a yellow pea protein powder that mixes fairly well with just about anything, does not have a really obvious taste of it's own and has no added anything - a huge bonus for the food allergic me. IF you don't like the shake options you have found, perhaps a smoothie or shake of your own making and just toss some protein in there?

...but please note, I know nothing about anything! ^_^
  • Myzstarr
    Myzstarr Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    the jillian michaels whey is good. it comes in vanilla and chocolat. u can also add fruit to make it taste even better
  • leeanndelcourt
    leeanndelcourt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm ADDICTED to Shakeology......it seems to be the purest, cleanest, most healthy, nutritious shake on the market........It's about $4/shake OR if you are a coach it's $3/shake. Very affordable for health and worth it. I even do a shake every other day to save a little. My problem is that my children also LOVE it! ugh. :) I have to buy a lot. The health benefits, for me, are way more important than the cost......I work better when I am using Shakeology and I notice a huge difference in my body and energy levels when I haven't had a shake for a few days. Whichever shake you choose make sure there are no fillers or artificial ingredients in it and yes.....you can always add calories to any shake to make it more calorie dense. Happy Shaking :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael from Wal-mart. I had a diff brand from Wal-mart, steer clear, made me feel sick.

Am I the only one who caught that she said "aren't specifically for weight gain?" are NOT, lol. just putting that out there. Reading is fundamental
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Though not really a protein shake, I found that NOW Foods has a yellow pea protein powder that mixes fairly well with just about anything, does not have a really obvious taste of it's own and has no added anything - a huge bonus for the food allergic me. IF you don't like the shake options you have found, perhaps a smoothie or shake of your own making and just toss some protein in there?

...but please note, I know nothing about anything! ^_^

are you allergic to shellfish by any chance??? I am, and find that most of these products have added iodine, which is a no-no for me...
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Herbalife........Lots of different flavors.....My entire family loves them!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael from Wal-mart. I had a diff brand from Wal-mart, steer clear, made me feel sick.

Am I the only one who caught that she said "aren't specifically for weight gain?" are NOT, lol. just putting that out there. Reading is fundamental

Which ones posted are FOR weight gain?