I almost cracked....

Options
Well, this morning I ALMOST cracked and didn’t bother to pack a lunch or eat a healthy breakfast and was thinking that I would just go by McDonalds and get an egg and cheese bagel like I have done so many times before…BUT, I didn’t. As I was filling up Cheyenne and Daisy’s (my dogs) water and food bowls I thought…I take the extra time to take care of them, why can’t I take the extra time to take care of me? Going through the drive through and packing healthy food for the day will take the same amount of time. SO, I did it, and I’m eating my oatmeal and hard boiled eggs right now and I feel SOOO damn good!! Maybe I will finally break the bad habits that have kept me fat for so long :)

Replies

• Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well if you did happen to stumble through a Mcdonald's line, remember that the egg Mcmuffin isn't THAT bad. Egg Mcmuffin + Coke Zero = 300 calories. Sure it's a lot of sodium, but drink lots of water for the rest of the day.

But you're point was that you resisted the urge, so good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You, my dear, have just taken one giant step forward for yourself. Good job!
  • garangirl
    Options
    Right on!
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    and that is exactly the mode of thinking you need to stay successful!!! great job!
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation I was just about to go do the same.
    Now I think I'll have oatmeal and a boiled egg too :)
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I almost did the same thing the other day...then looked up the bagel (which is like my favorite thing ever)...and decided that it wasnt worht it.

Congrats on NOT cracking! and enjoy your breakfast!
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! And thanks for sharing cuz I was sitting here staring at the ad for poutine on the side bar (sheesh!) and not feeling breakfast inspired at all.

I now have some green tea, an apple and a bowl of oatmeal in front of me!

Thanks!
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's all those little moments that add up to success. Great job! :bigsmile:
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    <HUG>

I am proud of you! As someone who has the moments of 'Eh, I'll just...' It is important to find that perspective. You found it, and you went with it. Well done! And I bet your breakfast tasted good anyway, no?

^_^
  • kerrikeene
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Yes, my breakfast was very yummy :)
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's all those small choices that will add up to success. If you had the McD's, you could have started the beginnings of a cheat day or bad food choices lead to more bad food choices.