Needing to lose 6lbs by This Thursday

Options
I need to lose 6lbs by this Thursday 10/20/11. Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do? I have a doctors appointment and I was supposed to be at least 200lbs by then. I know, I know.. don't stress myself, but it was a goal my doc and I set for me, which i am almost there by 6lbs, but i want to complete this goal because i missed the other 2 he set for me the last 2 visits. i don't want to disappoint myself..Again! This will really boost my self-esteem,2least i think. I'm thinking of going on a liquid diet for today and tomorrow. What ya think?

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and hopefully drop water weight?
  • jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    I think you should be honest with your doctor about how you're working to change your habits, not starve yourself to trick him/her.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you the bad news, but Im not sure thats even possible. Even if you were to fast for two days, you wouldn't drop 6 pounds in 48 hours.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Don't bother. You'll just gain it back. Focus on good habits and stay there.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i think its totally unhealthy.... b/c if you try to lose 6lbs, your going to gain 8 back by the weekend.
    You need to lose the RIGHT way, eat healthy, exercise and it will slowly come off....
  • gemma247
    gemma247 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    just eat fruit and veg for 2 days, it will drop off xxx
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It is really unrealistic for you to lose that much weight by Thursday. However, you can take a colon cleanser the night before and drop some quick pounds, but who will you trully be fooling. Don't look at it as disappointing anyone. Look at it as a journey that you are traveling and one day you will get to the finish line. Just not on Thursday.
  • bexhex
    bexhex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think you should be honest with your doctor about how you're working to change your habits, not starve yourself to trick him/her.

I completely agree!!! It's only 6 pounds, not 20... be proud of what you've accomplished so far! I'm sure your doc will be, too!!!
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think the liquid diet is a bad idea. You'll just put the weight right back on.
    Be proud of how far you've come. And don't be disappointed because of 6 pounds. In the big scheme of things, 6 pounds is nothing. And if you're consistently losing, that's what matters.
    Stay healthy!

That's my 2 cents...you asked for it! :)
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    I think if you are losing slow and steady and you or your doctor are upet with your progress then the relationship needs to be re-evaluated. I dont know your particulars, but I dont think there is a Dr out there that would want you to jeaperdize your health to meet a goal, so your off by a week...try and try again! I dont think you should go to a liquid diet. It could very well back fire on you. Just continue to make the right choices. :)
  • happygirl2972
    happygirl2972 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A liquid diet is only going to provide you fake results on the scale. As soon as you eat again it will be back. I think that as long as you are heading in the right direction your doctor will be pleased with your results. You can't rush or fake real body changes.. Don't pressure yourself. As long as you are giving it 100% you are doing everything you can do. Your body will catch up.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Your head weighs approximately 8 pounds. You could cut it off and be PAST your goal!!!!!

Honestly, it's about as logical as trying to lose 6 pounds in three days.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options

best answer
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Ummm... This is quite unrealistic.

Perhaps focus on your 25 lb weight loss and be happy with that. Everyone looses weight at different rates... The important thing is that you are doing it the right way.
  • joanbrora
    joanbrora Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    British Heart Foundation Diet

Give this a try
    I have done it a couple of times and lost 3 to 4 pounds, but I only have the last few pounds to lose

http://www.slimmingsolutions.co.uk/slimmingblog/diets/the-3-day-diet-meal-plan/2353/
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    You may be able to lose about 3lbs w/ water weight just eat clean, increase protein and water, stay within your calorie goal, no carbs or eating in the evening. Jog 2 miles a day or take a high calorie burn class/DVD workout. If you are down to 203 you can just blame it on the clothes.
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you're consistently going down, your doctor will be happy with your progress. Don't get too caught up in the exact number. Progress is the key.
  • CapeCodLover
    CapeCodLover Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think it's time to be honest with yourself about why the goal wasn't reached and share your frustrations, stumbling blocks, weaknesses with the doctor so you can set a more realistic goal next time. You did not fail - you just reached a different end point! Good luck!
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I was in HS I was on the wrestling team and used to do this all the time. The way it was done was to stop eating, and during the 6-8 hours before the pre-match weigh-in, we would put on heavy sweat, rubber suits, and jump rope in a sauna. I could lose 5-6 pounds in a matter of hours that way. Of course, I was 17 years old at the time.

After the weigh-in we would hydrate. So the easiest way to lose that kind of weight is to sweat it out.

Now, fortunately for us, we did not have to pass a urine test, which is likely to be conducted if you are having a regular check up. If you dehydrate yourself, the doctor will be able to see it in your urine analysis. And it might make it seem like you were actually sick, instead of just being silly about a couple pounds of water weight.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You are losing weight. You will continue to lose weight by changing your old habits. Don't lie to your doctor or try to trick him. That doesn't help you. Show him your food and exercise logs and talk about what has been going on. That is the only way he can help you.

Edited to add: If you were supposed to take blood pressure medication, and had not been taking it correctly since you last visit and you saw your blood pressure numbers were high, would you take extra medication for a few days so that the doctor didn't know you were slacking? No, that would be dangerous. This is the same thing.