Weight and the loss of a love one

Options
When you have a goal or plans in mind, something seems to happen to throw a monkey wrench in it. Let me be clear. My husband of 5 years suddenly died on 08/24/2011 at the age of 37. Talk about a shock to the system! Devastating. I walked around in the fog where no one lives there but you. And you are lucky even if you can make yourself eat. Myfitnesspal who? In time, I made a decision. I decided to ues my husband's cause of death to motivate me : hypertensive cardiovascular disease. In laymans terms, his blood pressure stayed high for such an significate amout of time that it causde damage to his heart and eventually stopped his heart. He died in his sleep, By God's grace and mercy, I do not have any major health issues, except for being over weight. And focusing everyday on what goes in my body will creep me just a little closer to being just a little lighter, a littler healthier, one day at a time. Join me....:smile::smile:

Tammy 1113

Replies

• KMSForLife
    Options
    You've certainly been through a lot. I would be happy to offer support and encouragement. Send me a friend request if you'd like. Good luck to you!
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am soo sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is and all I can say is that he would want you to be healthy and happy. I lost my boyfriend 4 years ago and in that 4 years I gained 60 pounds and I am finally in the process of taking it off now. I have not fully gotten over his death and it still haunts me everyday but I am trying to do the best I can and I know you can too :)
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    friend request sent...your story touched my heart and gave me some extra motivation...i actually suffer with HBP too and i need to get this weight off too!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    So sorry for you loss. That's terrible. My hubby has MS so I live with fear everyday and am using that as a catalyst to get healthier myself for me and my kids too.

Keep on truckin'. We are here for you.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss (((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    Options
    Hi Tammy, I know exactly what you are going through. My husband of 11 years died December 2009 and like you, it's such a weird fog to walk around in.
    I piled on weight after he died and at the end of July this year I woke up one Friday and thought 'get yourself sorted out, only you can do this'.
    I wish you all the very best with your future healthyier choices.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your lss, but glad to see youa re taking a proactive approach to your health because of it. I know the fog you speak of all too well. It wasn't my husband, but a 16 yr old boy I had been a nanny for was killed in a car crash, thus, enter the fog. Too young too soon, just as your husband was. I have since lost my Dad to lung cancer, thanks to cigarettes and him choosing to never quit. The fog tried to over take me again, but I refused. I couldn't and wouldn't go there again! After some grieveing time, I decided that being healthy was the way to go! Enter MFP!!
    Feel free to add me for encouragement, motivation, and some good old fashioned laughs!!
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    Your story touched me and I am deeply sorry for your loss. I have tried to imagine that kind of loss before and I am not sure I would have the strength to find my way out of the fog. I admire you greatly for attempting to move that pain into a positive place of greater health. I wish you every success and send every hope for happiness in your future. On every level.
  • Tammy1113
    Tammy1113 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. Sometimes it is the little things that carry you through. My loss is big, but my GOD is bigger and awesome.
  • topaztwinv
    topaztwinv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tammy,

You always seem to find the good in the worse situations. I know he is proud of you!! So am I!!!
  • Tammy1113
    Tammy1113 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Topaz!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband, that must be unbelievably devestating.
    I lost my mum just 2 months ago and I know that it's hard to keep going through grief, so - well done for making the decision to look after yourself, that's a great achievement.
    {Hugs}