Can anyone please look at my food diary

Options
Am doing 30DS and it is going well BUT I am struggling with my food. I am trying to eat really healthily but I know I'm not eating enough veg. But it is hard to find things to eat that use up my exercise calories and don't exceed carbs and fat but contain enough calories. Some evenings I am just not hungry but still have X amount of calories to use up!
What can I eat?? I don't eat chicken or any poultry and am steering clear of wheat because it makes me itch.
Help!

Replies

• Legalchica
    Options
    why dont you eat poultry?
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat poultry? It a fantastic protein source.

Ideas

- Switch up from just egg whites. If you are having 4 eggs, make it 2 whole and 2 whites.
    - Nuts. I love sliced almonds. They are great for bumping up your calorie intake. I mix it in with dried cranberries for nice sweet snack with some bulk in it.
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    It appears to me that you are not eating enough calories throughout the day. It looks like you are consuming 50% of your calories at dinner. Your body doesn't process food the same way when you are sleeping. Perhaps try spreading your calories out more evenly through your day. Your blood sugar levels and metabolism are probably all over the place due to the flucuation in your calories. Good luck and keep at it!!!
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like you need to be eating much much more,,, more protein! Hummus with veggies is really yummy, they have many different flavors! I also found Lavish bread and it's only 50 cals , you can make a wrap with it, hummus and veggies or chicken or tuna. If you don't eat meat load up on veggies.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    fil up with fruit find something you like like maybe pb have nice mixed salads with carrots and spinach and tomatoes and whatever else you feel like throwing in. Theres nothing wrong with a little chicken now and then. Try fish, nuts and other protiens. Mix and match . experiment. Use your imagination. Maybe you would like guacamole and chipins :)
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    Check out my food diary. I eat a ton of veggies. Try adding in a salad at lunch time. I eat a big yummy Greek salad almost every day. Fill it with 1/2 chopped cucumber, 5 or 10 cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, 5 kalamata olives, 2 cups romaine lettuce (or lettuce of your choice). You don't have to add feta but if you need some more calories, put in and 1/8 or 1/4 cup. It's so good, you don't need dressing. But, you can top the lettuce or toss the lettuce with 4 tblsp. light zesty italian and it's so delicious.

The other thing I eat is a bowl of soup with lots of veggies. Last night I had chicken broth, green onions, carrots and broccoli. I toss in a few Ling Ling veggie pot stickers (dumplins) and it's wonderful and VERY low calorie.
  • ebbajay
    ebbajay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you seem to be only snacking apart from the egg. Why dont you cook a proper dinner maybe with quorn mince?
    I cant get enough calories in, I am on slim fast and am always under the calories but over fat and protein.
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to most poultry so I just steer clear.
    The evening meal, I forgot when I set up my MFP account to put an evening snack section so I tend to just put my snacks in there but I see what you mean.
    Will grab some nuts I love almonds!
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My advice is buy yourself some whey protein to increase your protein intake. Without chicken or poultry your going to struggle to hit your protein requirements. As there the biggest contributor, and you need protein to build and repair muscle. Personally I wouldn't bog yourself down about eating all your calories back IMO MFP is over generous with the amount it gives you, as long as your above your BMR you should be fine. I eat around 1600 a day and do just fine.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    raw almonds are great!
    peanut butter on your rice cakes
    protein shake
    milk
    greek yogurt
    add avacado to salads.
    Definatly add veggies reguardless of how many cals you need to eat. I eat roma tomatos every day for lunch. I love roasted or steamed brocolli and califlour. Brussel sprouts with a little melted blue cheese them.

feel free to look at my diary. Right now it's definalty showing what not to do. But generally I think I do alright. reguardless it might give you some ideas. Didn't log the last few days b/c of vacation.

I hope the helps.
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've had a little look and noticed you seem to be eating the same things almost every day. I would suggest mixing it up a little. What about a homemade burger using herbs and lean beef? Or a lasagne by layering roasted vegetables (butternut squash works really well) with a fresh tomato and basil sauce. Something simple like jacket with beans and salad is always good too x
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do tend to eat the same a lot. It is because I am only a week into this so I am still finding my feet.
    I will definitely get some protein shakes because I don;t always feel that hungry during the day.
    I try to eat what the rest of my brood have in the evening but if they are having something unhealthy (in my eyes, or high in fat or carbs) then I have a pork chop and salad.
    I do need to shake it up a bit though because boredom will set in and that is when trouble starts (goes to peek in everyone's food diaries ;)