Has anyone tried Ali?

Options
Hi, I have been trying to lose weight for months now. I have gone to the doctor and he recommended trying Ali to help jump start me. I eat healthy, exercise regularly and have even tried changing things up so my body doesn't get used to the same routine. I am also on Lexapro and Welbutrin. Has anyone had problems losing weight while on this? Please, any comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    you are better off going with oxyelite pro.. i lost 35lbs with that.. alli didnt work for me
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Not addressing the Alli (there are several threads on Alli, you can search on it), but I have to say my (and my mother's) experience had me losing TONS of weight while on Lexapro and Wellbutrin. FAST. I wonder if something else isn't going on?
  • XiaoRuRu
    Options
    I was on it for about two weeks and all it did was embarrass me. Basically it makes you go do the #2 repeatedly throughout the day. If you're not careful it stains your underwear, and my stomach was constantly twisting.

Not worth the trouble for no results.
  • emilyluksic
    emilyluksic Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tried Alli and hated it. I could only handle being on it a few days and then I had to stop it because of the side effects. The side effect for me wouldnt have been bad if I stayed at home and NEVER went anywhere. lol I also did weight watchers at the same time as being on Alli, so I never consumed much fat at all (way below what they said you should be able to eat with Alli) and I still got the side effects. It was definitely a waste of my money. But I have heard some people liked it.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Any medicine that requires you to carry an extra pair of pants around is not the medicine for me. Yes, requires.

How can that be good for you and your body (and your pants!!!)
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I heard it works at the expense of pooping yourself. I'd rather be fat than have poo ozzing out...
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    you are better off going with oxyelite pro.. i lost 35lbs with that.. alli didnt work for me

Oxylite Pro can be contraindicated with anti-depressants. If the OP is going to take a fat burning supplement, I think s/he should stick with his/her doctor recommendations.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    If you have problems with constipation....go for it .....Otherwise...I would ask your doctor for another suggestion....Maybe a healthy cleanse for a couple of days...this jump starts weight loss sometimes....Please check with him/her first tho
  • AoifC
    AoifC Posts: 12
    Options
    Can I just say for the record, Slimsticks have the same side effects as Alli. Lasted 4 days and actually thought I was going to die. I prob killed off a few ladies in the public toilets also.

Not good.

Healthy eating & excercise all the way. Throw in a bit of green tea and you will be away with it.
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I tried ali and it worked for me. But If you already eat low fat diet it says on the container that it won't work as good for you. As far as the pooing you HAVE to eat under your fat each day or you will have those stains. If you do have those stains then you are eating too much fat. I never had a problem with pooping my pants. Just my thoughts.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I once read an article about Alli and one of the suggestions/warnings was to "wear dark pants to work and bring a change of clothes". Apparently it makes you do nothing but ::ahem:: move your bowels uncontrollably. STAY AWAY! Ask your doc for some more suggestions. I know what works for one person may not work for another but in any case, i am trying Hydroxycut Pro Clinical for women and it seems to be helping, although it's hard to say. I decided to try it just for a month to jumpstart my weight loss and haven't had any problems. i followed the directions very, very carefully and listened to my body if it was telling me it didn't like something! Be careful no matter what you choose. ephedra and such can really wreak havoc on your body so make sure whatever you decide on doesn't have ingredients like that. good luck!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Ali? No way! He'd kick my *kitten*, even in his current state.

Muhammad_Ali-2.jpg

Alli? No. Never tried it.

fda-approved-weight-loss-pills-alli.jpg
  • scooter76
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments. Greatly appreciated!!