30ds is annoying but it works

Options
I lost .5 inches off my waist & .5 inches off my hips the MONTH before I started 30ds. I have lost .75 inches off my waist and .5 inches off my hips EACH WEEK of 30ds so far....

Still don't like Jillian Michaels but she does deliver results... :happy:

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    omg i sooo agree, that woman is annoying ! I love her but hearing her speak kills me , but I do love 30 DS
  • kdwatkinspc
    Options
    Ok new here so what is 30a days?
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    30DS is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout video.

I just started today and it kicked my butt in areas that I thought I wouldn't have a problem. Her voice did get to me after about the first 10 minutes, so I think I am going to choose the "music only" option tomorrow when I start it up. : )

I can't wait to see what type of results I achieve at the end of the month.
  • copykatnjesus
    copykatnjesus Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And I can't stand her either.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now too, and I want to smack her and her 'girls' (esp the one that cheats! LOL). But it does work. I just did Day 7 of Level 1. It is getting easier. Not sure if I want to go to Level 2 quite yet, I'm scared!
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I"ve been hearing people talk about the 30ds since I started back here seriously. Is it worth checking it out? Am I better off doing my 65 minute run/walk? Or a Zumba dvd?
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    I have the 30DS and it is pretty awesome you should check it out. I agree she can be a bit annoying, I never thought of doing the music only version... but a 20 minute workout that makes you sweat that much and be that sore the next day is worth it. I've only done it a couple times and I was pretty impressed that I could get such a total body workout in 20 minutes. Anyone can find time to do a 20 minute workout right ? no excuses. this talk about it makes me want to do it and commit! I'm starting tomorrow morning and I'm going to do it for 30 days straight. :)
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about breasts. Sorry.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about breasts. Sorry.

Yeah ok dude.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    woah I didnt realize people felt this way about Jillian! I think she's awesome, I'm only on lvl 1 day 3 though. But she always seems to know what to say to keep me going.

As for the girls, they don't really talk but that one advanced girl gets this insane crazy look on her face in one shot that scares me a bit every time :S
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    OMG it never even occured to me to turn her voice off!! I've done 30DS in it's entirety twice through and now i just alternate it with my running and lifting days, I know her script off by heart!!

Aargh it annoys me so much that Natalie cheats!!! Haha!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I like her but I tend to workout with the volume off and listen to my ipod. Do whatever works best for you x
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Well done that's fantastic. I've heard so many good things about the 30DS, but never really had the guts to get the DVD myself and give it a go. I was going to do it in the summer holiday, but didn't get around to it, and don't think there's much point in me doing it during term time because I live in different places too much depending on what days I'm in uni, so wouldn't be able to d it every day.

Could possibly do it either at Christmas or Easter, but then again I imagine there would be far too many "cheat days" at Christmas.

Probably won't quite have reached my goal by the time I finish uni (for good) in April, so I imagine that then would be the best time for me to start it!
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss and the hard work!

Yeah she is a real hard trainer but yes it does work...just have to find the motivation to put the DVD in sometimes ;-)

Keep it up!
  • teenyinni
    Options
    OMG it never even occured to me to turn her voice off!! I've done 30DS in it's entirety twice through and now i just alternate it with my running and lifting days, I know her script off by heart!!

Ugh I know!!! Are we to believe that they filmed level 1 in one take and didn't edit it? Was there not a director on to point these things out? How pissed do you think Jillian was when she first saw that on video?
  • cfiles
    cfiles Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started level 2 yesterday and it kicked my butt!!! I haven't really been dieting that well just lowered my portion size. Do you think I will still see results?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Ugh I know!!! Are we to believe that they filmed level 1 in one take and didn't edit it? Was there not a director on to point these things out? How pissed do you think Jillian was when she first saw that on video?

Right!!! I bet Jillian would have kicked her butt when she realised she was cheating! Like when it switches to Anita and Natalie just stands there doing the bicep curls without the lunge....god I've watched these faaaaaar too many times!
  • amsandin
    amsandin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    cfiles - If you are logging what you eat here and your exercise and then staying within the recommended calories then I think you will still lose pounds. That's what I do. I'm on no specific diet. I eat normal things but I watch my portions and log as much as possible to stay under what MFP recommends. Then I do L2 5 days a week. I've lost 20 lbs since mid July.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Do you have to be coordinated to follow Jillian? I have a tough time with Zumba because I don't have the coordination to follow all of the steps (still get a work out trying, but...)
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Do you have to be coordinated to follow Jillian? I have a tough time with Zumba because I don't have the coordination to follow all of the steps (still get a work out trying, but...)

30ds doesn't have any complicated moves like Zumba. The most complex thing you have to be able to do is lunges where you go forward then to the back.