Dont know what to do

Options
I am only 25 days in, I know I can do this but its the actual getting up and doing it. about 2 weeks ago is when it started to go down hill for me, I had planters warts dug out of my heel and ever since then I have not been doing my exercise, babying my foot. I am using it as a crutch. I know it hurts but it will heal. and I have allowed my husband talk me into a couple bad food choices. I dont even want to put in my current weight because I have gained. the only thing I can say is good, is I keep coming back to my fitness pal and yes I have been logging in all my bad food choices.

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Just log in daily
    Have people motivate you,
    Make new friends.
    If your foot hurts, do upper body and work on that until you feel better.
    Look at the girl on the biggest loser, she has knee issues and cant do a lot of things and has been blowing the scale away
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Step one accomplished - you came back!

Even if you can't walk on your foot you can do some cardiovascular exercise - if you google 'chairobics' you'll find some.

Don't give up, and good luck!
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Read a bunch of success stories on here. Watch "The Biggest Loser" and "Heavy". Those things motivate me...
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon sometimes. Its important that even if you have gotten off track, to get back on! Once you allow exercise and good food choices to become part of your everday life, it will be easier to stay on track. Just know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE at all in your struggle! And there is no need to be ashamed! We all screw up! Take responsibility for it, get back into your groove, and kick *kitten*! You know you can do it, so go out and do it! :-)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You seem to me to be feeling overwhelmed. Pick ONE thing to change right from today on, and do it! (Upper body exercise, or watch sugar intake, or watch cholesterol intake, or watch sodium intake...) Give yourself a couple of days to feel successful at that, then tackle something else!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Step one accomplished - you came back!

Even if you can't walk on your foot you can do some cardiovascular exercise - if you google 'chairobics' you'll find some.

Don't give up, and good luck!

I LOVE the idea of chairbiotics! Thank you for the suggestion! Sometimes I have ankle pain that leaves me questioning what I could do! (I usually choose strength training then, since none of the machines work my ankle. :smile: )
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon sometimes. Its important that even if you have gotten off track, to get back on! Once you allow exercise and good food choices to become part of your everday life, it will be easier to stay on track. Just know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE at all in your struggle! And there is no need to be ashamed! We all screw up! Take responsibility for it, get back into your groove, and kick *kitten*! You know you can do it, so go out and do it! :-)

THIS.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Lay down and do some leg lifts, crunches, butt lifts, go swimming, shadow box, find a bike and ride it.
    Your motivation is...me. I lost 80lbs you can easily lose your 68lb. I am you in the future. I didnt lose weight by being strict, i just counted my calories, and if i need to eat that piece of pie I make sure i have enough calories in the day to eat it or i wont get to my goal. And my goal was to be less lumpy and it is working.
  • stepoco
    stepoco Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Good for you for logging in and tracking your food, even if it isn't the best. Every day is a new one, you can get back on track any time. And don't we just love our spouses who sabotage our eating plans (mine talked me into an appetizer when we were out the other day - potato skins with cheese & bacon - the stats were scary!) As for exercise - time to get creative. You can do things like arm curls, or even "bicycles" like we used to do back in elementary school - lay on your back and prop your hips up on your hands and pedal away :-) Every little bit of movement helps. I've been doing this for 5 weeks and have lost a whopping 1 lb, so I know where you are at. (my excuse - we went on vacation for a week in the middle)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    There will always be bumps in the road- the thing that determines your success is how you react to them. I understand your pain, but don't use your foot as an excuse. There are many exercises that don't require the use of your feet. Use those to stay motivated until you are back on your feet again!
    Also, you are the only person who controls what to put into your body. Anybody that loves you should be encouraging you to eat things that will help you, not harm you. Have a talk with your husband and explain to him why you need to do this. For yourself, and for him. Maybe next time he will be the one that prevents you from making bad eating choices! I'm sure he only wants what's best for you.
    Feel free to friend me and message me if you need any help, support or just to vent. Good luck, and I know you can do this! :)
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Morning.. agreeing w/ chatterbox3110, you are here!! we all make mistakes, we all quit at one time or another or take a break, the thing is just to do it.. I am so w/ you on getting up and getting going, I get up at 415-430 to head to the gym and I do not want to do it, but I make myself and am soooooo glad that I did afterwards, once you start it will give you the push to wanna do more... You can do this, and if it is one thing I have learned being on this site, is eating is mainly what it is about, eating and exercise do go hand in hand w weight loss, but if you can get your eating down until you can exercise you are on your way.. Im hear if you need encouragement.... have a blessed day..
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Have a talk with your hubby. He might not understand that this is important to you, especially if he can talk you into bad food choices. Make sure he knows that you want to make changes and that it is difficult and you may be easily swayed from time to time. Ask him not to be the one that tempts you.

As far as your foot pain...definitely do upper body work. Punching is a fantastic cardio workout. Stand with your feet just a bid wider than your hips. Sink down several inches, bending at the knee. And punch. Do this for 30 seconds. Take a short rest. Do it again. Repeat and repeat and repeat.

If it is your heel that is the problem, then jumping (an imaginary) rope is a good cardio too. Jump on your toes. Great for your calves. Alternate this with punching.
  • charmedgal70
    Options
    I had one of those taken out a few years ago. Hopefully it will completely heal soon! Best thing to do since exercising is hard it to keep tracking those calories, avoid the temptations from family and friends, and try doing upper body exercises. It'll help keep you motivated. Best wishes! :smile:
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well done for keeping it up even on the dark days, maybe you could get some swim socks and head down to the pool.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You and everyone else that has responded is so right. You've already done the absolute best thing by sticking with MFP, good job! And you're still tracking, so there's no mysteries about why you might not be losing.

The first steps are by far the hardest, you've got one of them already now all you have to do is start taking those baby steps toward your goal, it's the only way to get there. You've already got lots of very helpful responses and suggestions from MFP users so now it's just a matter of putting them into action! Try not to overthink things too much. Just try, even for one day only, to stick to some tiny goals that will get you eating a bit better and moving around a bit more. See how you feel after that one day, I bet youll be surprised. Next thing you know you'll have more and more days like that, and it'll become easier and easier. Sure there will be the occasional slip up, happens to everyone, but it won't affect the end result. Stay determined!
  • ambie443
    Options
    thank you everyone for your words of support. I greatly appreciate it. expect friend invites, I could really use the support. thank you again
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Im in a pretty similar position so I can say you certainly are not alone.

I went really well for about a month, and then i had a week away where it was really bad, i picked it bak up again, but then slowly fell back down. I was eating more than twice my calorie allowance. BUT i still logged it, and to me that was saying im not giving up and i will keep going.

I say take each day as a new. So i kinda stuffed up for two months, well thats the past i cant change that, but i can change today and tommorow and make them GOOD days. Give yoourself a clean slate start again and well follow any advice that will help you keep on track.

i hurt my leg last week and have been limping and did the same thing used it as an excse not to exercise, but i did try some exercise that didnt rely on my leg, it didnt go well for me but its better than nothing. ANYTHING is better than nothing! And now my legs better ive got no excuse anymore gotta get up and go!

I just say dont be too hard on yourself, discipline is important but theres no point beating yourself up for some days where you didnt go so well. Tomorrow is a new day and you can kill it!