T with muscle gains

Options
Anyone know how must Testosterone is gained by building muscles? Has there ever been a study to show if you add 0.5 lbs of muscle a week, it adds _ to your daily T production?

I couldn't find anything, so thought I would ask.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how must Testosterone is gained by building muscles? Has there ever been a study to show if you add 0.5 lbs of muscle a week, it adds _ to your daily T production?

I couldn't find anything, so thought I would ask.

I'd have to look it up, but I know that testosterone builds strength and muscle gains. Hence, steroids.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    As far as I know an increase in muscle does not increase testosterone production, but the opposite is true, higher levels of testosterone make it easier to gain muscle.
  • 23ahol
    23ahol Posts: 10
    Options
    Low testosterone levels are more a product of increased body fat than decreased muscle mass. For example, in an obese male who doesn't have any underlying cause of low T, that person will have normal T levels in his body as free testosterone.
    Because of excess body fat, there is a decrease in sex hormone-binding globulin which leads to a decrease in serum testosterone level.
    Here is the bottom line: The main concern in obesity and testosterone level is to lower the body fat. Muscle will help you do that for sure, but I don't think there is a direct relationship like the one you were asking about.
    Lots of info. Ask questions if I confused you.
    Andrew