Needing to lose 6lbs by This Thursday

Options
2»

Replies

• Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I think you should be honest with your doctor about how you're working to change your habits, not starve yourself to trick him/her.

I agree with this. Go into your appointment proud of yourself because you are close to meeting your goal. For the next two days you can focus on drinking lots of water and eating fresh fruits and vegetable and reasonable portions of protein and carbs. That will help some. But stick with it and you will meet your goals.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 6lbs by this Thursday 10/20/11. Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do? I have a doctors appointment and I was supposed to be at least 200lbs by then. I know, I know.. don't stress myself, but it was a goal my doc and I set for me, which i am almost there by 6lbs, but i want to complete this goal because i missed the other 2 he set for me the last 2 visits. i don't want to disappoint myself..Again! This will really boost my self-esteem,2least i think. I'm thinking of going on a liquid diet for today and tomorrow. What ya think?

It's 2 days, if you lose the 6 pounds in 2 days you will not be doing it in a good or healthy manor. You need to look into either why you aren't meeting those goals or if your dr. is setting the goals too high.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    I have about 4 feet of hair.... was thinking of cutting it off to lose some weight fast :smile:

Don't be disappointed by a number, maybe evaluate some things you weren't able to do at your last appointment. How far you can walk, or how fast. How many pushups, or whatever routine you have been working. Weight loss can be slow, getting fit seems to give faster results that you can concentrate on, brag about, and be proud of!
  • Skittlebrew
    Options
    unless your doc has a gun to your head I don't see the need to impress him/her. That being said, I once shed 12-14 pounds of water weight in about 6 hours of hard work. Lots of rigorous exercise in a sauna with my body slicked down in baby oil and wearing a sweat shirt over a black trash bag. Taking several doses of laxative helped too.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    unless your doc has a gun to your head I don't see the need to impress him/her. That being said, I once shed 12-14 pounds of water weight in about 6 hours of hard work. Lots of rigorous exercise in a sauna with my body slicked down in baby oil and wearing a sweat shirt over a black trash bag. Taking several doses of laxative helped too.

This is a great idea too...but I still think that my idea of cutting off your head would be quicker and easier.
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options

This is a great idea too...but I still think that my idea of cutting off your head would be quicker and easier.
    LOL..hah WOW..sounds good2me. but then i wont even have to think about if Ive lost the pounds..lol
  • Raihaanah
    Options
    British Heart Foundation Diet

Give this a try
    I have done it a couple of times and lost 3 to 4 pounds, but I only have the last few pounds to lose

http://www.slimmingsolutions.co.uk/slimmingblog/diets/the-3-day-diet-meal-plan/2353/
    THANKS!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I don't really think cutting weight is THAT bad for you. Throw on a pair of sweats, hop on a treadmill, and do interval training for an hour. Then soak in a sauna for 20-30 minutes after that while keeping a careful eye on if you feel light headed or anything (obviously stopping if you do). Do this an hour before you go to the doctor. Voila, 6 pounds lost. Just make sure you rehydrate slowly and consistently immediately after the visit, and don't attempt if you have any kind of heart condition. Folks do it all the time in weight class sports.

Is it the same as actually losing weight? Of course not. Are there ways of cutting weight that are extremely dangerous and can cause you bodily harm? Yes. But if you do it safely it feels good, and sometimes you just need a kickstart. You're talking about 3% of your BW, and the rule of thumb I always went by was no more than a 5% cut. That's my $0.02, though I am biased because I had to cut weight a lot when I was competing in Judo so it's very normal to me.
  • Raihaanah
    Options
    I think it's time to be honest with yourself about why the goal wasn't reached and share your frustrations, stumbling blocks, weaknesses with the doctor so you can set a more realistic goal next time. You did not fail - you just reached a different end point! Good luck!
    Awwww Thank you, I love the point you made :blushing:
  • Raihaanah
    Options
    You are losing weight. You will continue to lose weight by changing your old habits. Don't lie to your doctor or try to trick him. That doesn't help you. Show him your food and exercise logs and talk about what has been going on. That is the only way he can help you.

Edited to add: If you were supposed to take blood pressure medication, and had not been taking it correctly since you last visit and you saw your blood pressure numbers were high, would you take extra medication for a few days so that the doctor didn't know you were slacking? No, that would be dangerous. This is the same thing.
    Thanx for this advice..i feel ya with the med thing.. I do take meds for that condition which I never play with:smile:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Go get a colon cleanse. I hear you can drop about 5lbs of waste from it.
  • Raihaanah
    Options
    I have about 4 feet of hair.... was thinking of cutting it off to lose some weight fast :smile:

Don't be disappointed by a number, maybe evaluate some things you weren't able to do at your last appointment. How far you can walk, or how fast. How many pushups, or whatever routine you have been working. Weight loss can be slow, getting fit seems to give faster results that you can concentrate on, brag about, and be proud of!
    Thanx!.. i am able to walk longer!
  • Raihaanah
    Options
    WOW..well no gun to my head, just I need the motivation.. im not stressing too much about it, not like that.. just wanted to be there by then. ive been struggling to get out of 200's for about 3 months now
  • Raihaanah
    Options
    I don't really think cutting weight is THAT bad for you. Throw on a pair of sweats, hop on a treadmill, and do interval training for an hour. Then soak in a sauna for 20-30 minutes after that while keeping a careful eye on if you feel light headed or anything (obviously stopping if you do). Do this an hour before you go to the doctor. Voila, 6 pounds lost. Just make sure you rehydrate slowly and consistently immediately after the visit, and don't attempt if you have any kind of heart condition. Folks do it all the time in weight class sports.

Is it the same as actually losing weight? Of course not. Are there ways of cutting weight that are extremely dangerous and can cause you bodily harm? Yes. But if you do it safely it feels good, and sometimes you just need a kickstart. You're talking about 3% of your BW, and the rule of thumb I always went by was no more than a 5% cut. That's my $0.02, though I am biased because I had to cut weight a lot when I was competing in Judo so it's very normal to me.
    Thanks alot
  • boysandb
    boysandb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fish and steamed vegi's for dinner and lots of water, no sodium, very low carbs and you might lose 2-3, depending on your current weight. It will come back as soon as you add carbs and sodium back.
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The day before take a water pill then follow up with ducolax. You will be clean as a whistle and probably down six pounds.