Which fast food is safe?

Options
gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
I am eating out tonight, and it is already decided it is fast food. (on my way to bowling league) so the question is which is safest? I pass by Sonic, Dairy queen, Jack n box, Arbys, Subway, possibly a taco bell, wendys. So what can i eat?

also given the fact that i'm bowling and going to burn 400-500 cals and that will be it for the night so i'm not overly concerned but i thought i would ask. I should have minimum of 700 cals before i ever get to dinner and that DOES NOT include what i'll burn bowling.

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Look at the nutritional info online, and pick whatever you like that fits your calories. With that many calories allotted, you will have a lot of options.
  • cornfused
    Options
    http://www.ivillage.com/10-fast-food-lunches-under-500-calories/4-a-142429
    This link shows 10 fast food lunches under 500 calories. Subway and Taco Bell are both on the list. Most have the nutritional calculators online, too. Good luck!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I am eating out tonight, and it is already decided it is fast food. (on my way to bowling league) so the question is which is safest? I pass by Sonic, Dairy queen, Jack n box, Arbys, Subway, possibly a taco bell, wendys. So what can i eat?

also given the fact that i'm bowling and going to burn 400-500 cals and that will be it for the night so i'm not overly concerned but i thought i would ask. I should have minimum of 700 cals before i ever get to dinner and that DOES NOT include what i'll burn bowling.

Eat whatever you want. As long as it fits in your macros and your daily calorie intake.

Disclaimer: This doesn't mean tip back the McDonalds french fry oil and chug it.
  • becca_21
    becca_21 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'd say a salad or grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's, OR Subway is always a safe bet if you stick to turkey or chicken on wheat. For either choice, stay away from any dressings or mayo.
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I vote "subway" :) lol
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    pick a spot and find an healthy choice on the menu. Enjoy. The only place around here that i cant do that is KFC. there is no healthy choices on the menu.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    if it were me... fresco ranchero chicken soft tacos. The bad thing about subway, its LOADED with salt! It seems healthy, until you see all the salt you just ate.. gross.
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    my go-to fast food is the chicken fajita pita at jack-in-the box. get it without cheese for a lower cal count. when i was pregnant wiht gestational diabetes, that was the only fast food that wouldn't spike my blood sugar. with the cheese, it's 326 cals. take the cheese off and it's only 234 cals! it's a whole grain pita bread with grilled chicken and veggies. yum!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Subway is your best choice, anything but the salami meats is good, and no sauces. stick to a 6 inch or flatbread.

DQ is fine if you get the grilled chicken sandwich, no fries.

Taco bell is good if you get the fresco style and the chicken. skip the big burritos - though they are filling so it depends on your calorie day. With any of taco bell just tell them to hold the sour cream and the nacho sauce.

Wendy's - meh just stay away. or get anything grilled with a baked potato (and hold the sour cream)

Arby's is gross.

Can't vouch for the others as we don't have those in Canada.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Bowling really doesn't burn that many calories. I wish it did! Remember to deduct what you would normally burn if you were just sitting around, and it barely makes 200 cals.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Salad at Wendy's with chicken and light dressing - yum. You can also check their calorie intakes out online so you can decide if you want a side to go with it. Good luck bowling and have a great time.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Subway is probably the best.

I also like KFC grilled chicken fillets for pure protein/calorie POV.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Safe from what? From high salt content? From excess fat intake? From gunshot wounds? From unplanned pregnancy?
  • mandapanda5111
    mandapanda5111 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i always look at the nutritional facts online before I get fast food. Make sure to look at the sodium info, as this is where most fast food screws you over. one jr bacon cheeseburger from wendy's has over 900mg of sodium :noway:
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Eat what you want, just portion control. Don't indulge and you can have whatever. Think smart
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wendy's I think seems to have the best options for a healthy choice. Here are the options I have chosen in the past when in the same situation as you mentioned:

Baked Potato (I think they have sweet poatoes now too) - plain
    Cup of Chili
    Side Salad

I don't know too much about the other choices but someone mentioned the chicken sandwiches and if you go with that, you might want to add a salad to that.

Good luck to you and thanks for the question.

Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    Online Fitness Coach
    "Train Like You Mean It"
    From 170 pounds to Fit - If I Can Do It, So Can You!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The best fast food is the one that's so fast you can't catch it!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Safe from what? From high salt content? From excess fat intake? From gunshot wounds? From unplanned pregnancy?

Exactly what i thought when i saw the thread title!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    All those places post their menus (and I believe nutritional information) on their websites.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Man, if fast food ever gets me pregnant, I'm definitely going after child support. They have a lot of money!