TurboFire Questions!!!

I was thinking about purchasing TurboFire this weekend but before I do I have a couple of questions for you guys!

1) What was your starting and ending weight?
2) Was it harder to do weighing over 200lbs? (if you weighed that much starting out)
And 3) What was your overall end results??

Thanks in advance guys!

Replies

• sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    LOVED IT!!!

I was over 260 when I started, and 222.4 when I ended. I will be doing it again, and it will become part of my regular routines.

I can't answer question 2 because i have not been under 200 in over 10 years, but will be again in a few months.

I am much more fit, the difference between my starting fitness level and current is night and day.
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Depending on your fitness level...If you are just starting out, I would not suggest TF. Maybe TurboJam if you're just starting out. I've completed Insanity twice and I'm a runner, and just started TF 2 weeks ago. I'm still finding that TF pushes me harder cardio wise than Insanity did. As for results, since I'm just starting out with TF, all I can say is I had reached a plateau for over a month and within my first 2 weeks of TF, I've lost 2.2 pounds and 2% bodyfat. Good luck!!!
  • Hi, I have a buddy who is doing turbo fire and he is in great shape. He did P90x and moved up to this and he can't make it through it, but you don't get discouraged you just do what you can and improve a little each time, till next thing you know you're doing it complete. You don't stop either you modify the exercise so continue to move. Good luck. I like Ripped USA, you can google it. I do it at the Y. Its total body, not specific muscle groups per session, like P90.
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    I found it was very hard on my knees so I gave it up and my other friend it changed her body alot but it hurt her lower back and ankles she just gave it up also we both changed to the DVD walking at home with Leslie ? Im enjoying it
    Good Luck Toni
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    I started at 40 yrs old and 180 lbs and I can do ALL the jumps, including the high ones! At first, I was seriously concerned about getting injured, but if you pay close attention to your form, nothing needs to hurt.

I also wear a left ankle brace and right knee brace just because I know those are my particular weak spots.

I've been doing TF for about eight or nine weeks and I LOVE IT! I'm currently at 167lbs, but the overall changes in my body cannot be measured. I'm more toned everywhere and my endurance is amazing. My abs are so defined, even with 20 pounds left to lose.

Not to mention, the workouts are FUN! Time flies, even after nine weeks!!

I highly recommend this workout!
  • 1. What was your starting and ending weight?: I started at 176 lbs (after initially starting at 203 lbs in January) and ended at 166 lbs, which is what I'm currently at.
    2. Was it harder to do weighing over 200 lbs?: N/A
    3. What was your overall end results?: TurboFire helped to improve my asthma and also lowered my resting heart rate. My abs were more defined; I could actually tell (and feel) that I have muscle beneath the extra fat. :-)

I do have to mention that there are a lot of jumps with TurboFire... BUT! There is a modifier that's doing the same moves next to Chalene except she's doing a low impact move instead. So really, you DO NOT have to do all of the jumps! You can still do TurboFire without doing the jumps and kicks and still break a sweat and get a good work out. :-) Go easy on yourself though if you haven't done a lot of exercise. Start slow and build your endurance, that way you can work your way to all the larger moves. Also, in case you weren't aware, there are "New to Class" options where Chalene will break down every move from her choreography so that you can learn everything before you do it. Do these "New to Class" options a couple of times so you can get familiar with her moves, then you can do them on your own and really give it your all!

Good luck! You'll really enjoy it, I'm sure of it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you have any further questions. :-)
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    I just finished Turbo Fire...LOVED it. I did Turbo Jam for a couple of years then moved up to TF. I did the 9 week prep schedule...because I was terrified I wouldn't be able to do the workout. I started out at 198 pounds, I now weigh 163...I did the advanced workouts too (deluxe package). I'm 38 years old and didn't run into injury or sore joints until right at the end. My knees started hurting but that was because I needed new shoes (VERY important when you're doing that much jumping). I now have a 4 pack abs (lol!), and a set of guns! I can't even tell you how many inches I've lost. Just be sure to watch your form, that will help keep you from getting injured. Oh and listen to your body...this workout is INTENSE but well worth it. Good luck!
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Depending on your fitness level...If you are just starting out, I would not suggest TF. Maybe TurboJam if you're just starting out. I've completed Insanity twice and I'm a runner, and just started TF 2 weeks ago. I'm still finding that TF pushes me harder cardio wise than Insanity did. As for results, since I'm just starting out with TF, all I can say is I had reached a plateau for over a month and within my first 2 weeks of TF, I've lost 2.2 pounds and 2% bodyfat. Good luck!!!

Wow really TF is harder cardio than Insanity?! I'm in my second-to-last week of TurboFire and was thinking about progressing to Insanity for the next stage? Would you still recommend? For the record I've been doing TurboFire more for fitness and toning than weightloss (although I have lost about 6lbs without really trying) and I can it through the advanced classes without needing to modify (most of the time, haha)

And for the OP, yeah I totally recommend it, and yes as long as you look after your form you won't have issues with knees, etc. And yes good shoes are important! I recommend shoes designed for tennis as they allow you to pivot better than running shoes if you're working out on carpet (like me)