Which fast food is safe?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    where did you pull your calories burned bowling?
    I pulled the below on sparkpeople

Your Weight in Pounds: 178
    Minutes Spent Exercising: 60

Calories Burned: 248
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Safe from what? From high salt content? From excess fat intake? From gunshot wounds? From unplanned pregnancy?

Exactly what i thought when i saw the thread title!
    Glad I'm not the only one. :tongue:
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    A couple of Taco Bell "Fresco" style tacos would only be around 300 calories. Sodium will be very high, but you always have a trade off with 'fast food' options.
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like wendy's

They have snack/value size of everything including frosty, french fries, 4 piece nuggets ect.

Enjoy your day!
    Meagan
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I would go to Wendy's or Subway, just be mindful of what you get. Even if you end up getting too much sodium, too many calories, whatever, it's just one meal. In the long run it won't make a difference.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Here are a few choices taken from Eat This, Not That... All I did was copy and paste so if someone doesn't agree with a choice here don't blame it on me! :happy:

WENDY'S
    Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich
    with a Mandarin Orange Cup and a Medium Iced Tea
    480 calories
    7 g fat (1.5 g saturated)
    980 mg sodium
    This is the healthiest sandwich on the menu. just don't order your chicken spicy: That's their cue to fry rather than grill your bird, tacking on extra 9.5 fat grams.

JACK-IN-THE-BOX
    Chicken Fajita Pita
    with Side Salad with Low-Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing and a 20-oz Fresh Brewed Iced Tea
    390 calories
    13.5 g fat (5 g saturated)
    1,650 mg sodium
    Loaded with fresh veggies in a fairly harmless pita vessel, this is Jack's healthiest entree, hands down. The biggest pitfall here is in the salad dressing--the low-fat balsamic costs you only 35 calories, but other decent-sounding options, like Asian Sesame Dressing and Lite Ranch--add over 100 extra to your meal.

TACO BELL
    Two Fresco Soft Beef Tacos
    with Mexican Rice and a bottle of water
    470 calories
    17 g fat (6 g saturated fat)
    1,760 mg sodium
    Order almost any menu item "fresco" style and the Bell boys will replace cheese and sauces with a chunky tomato salsa, cutting calories and fat by at least 25 percent.

Chicken Gordita Supreme and Mexican Rice

Total: 490 calories, 22 grams fat, 51 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 21 grams protein.

Keep in mind: Hot sauce adds zest, but not fat -- use freely!

Grilled Chicken Soft Taco and Pintos 'N Cheese

Total: 380 calories, 15 grams fat, 38 grams carbohydrate, 12 grams fiber, 23 grams protein.

Keep in mind: The pinto beans add enough fiber for this meal to provide half your daily fiber needs!

SUBWAY
    6-inch Double Roast Beef Sub
    with Veggie Delite Salad with Fat-Free Italian Dressing and Medium Iced Tea
    455 calories
    8 g fat (3.5 g saturated fat)
    2,100 mg sodium
    Even with twice the meat-and double the protein-this sandwich still has only a fraction of the fat found in Subway alternatives like gloppy, mayo-based tuna salad.

6" ham sandwich on a deli roll plus one oatmeal raisin cookie

Total: 423 calories, 11 grams fat, 66 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 15 grams protein.

Keep in mind: Dessert is possible if you choose wisely!

6" Super Turkey Breast sandwich

Total: 333 calories, 4 grams fat, 47 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber and 26 grams protein.

Keep in mind: If you choose a sub with mustard instead of oil, and opt for veggies instead of cheese you will save 72 calories and 7 grams of fat!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    where did you pull your calories burned bowling?
    I pulled the below on sparkpeople

Your Weight in Pounds: 178
    Minutes Spent Exercising: 60

Calories Burned: 248

I bowl once a week in the Thursday Trios league. With my HRM on, and being 212lbs, after three games it's only around 350 cals. Minus the 150ish i would normally burn sitting on the couch it ends up being around net 200 for the three games. It's the DDR i do afterwards that gets my daily burn up to the usual 800-900 mark.
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i love the fresco menu at taco bell. i never really liked wendys because they dont have whole wheat buns. just white. and i used to love subway, but then i realized that it really wasnt that healthy. so much sodium and carbs. if im going to intake that much sodium i'd rather get taco bell and drink tons of water :)
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bowling really doesn't burn that many calories. I wish it did! Remember to deduct what you would normally burn if you were just sitting around, and it barely makes 200 cals.

Burns alot when you bowl with the special olympics kids thank you very much! Plus i carry the ball from one of our bowlers who is on crutches so on top of throwing EACH of my 14+ lbs balls I have to carry her 10+ lbs for her. Not to mention the running i do from lane to lane because i'm one of the coaches AND playing around with some of the other volunteers.

SO YES I do burn at LEAST that if not MORE!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Safe from what? From high salt content? From excess fat intake? From gunshot wounds? From unplanned pregnancy?
    :angry:
    not funny
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    All of their nutrition facts are available online. Compare so you can make an educated dicision on what you like to eat.
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    If it's only one night don't worry, eat what you like and enjoy.:bigsmile:
  • valn17
    valn17 Posts: 2
    Options
    The Fast Food Calories app for iPhone by Nanobits is a good on the go reference.